Christmas shopping

CutnStuf

Deana, donate them to nursing homes if you don't have thrift shops. Back when there used to be a tandem bicycle rally in Sebring FL, it was based out of the Kenilworth Hotel, and even though we camped over at the State Park we hung out at the hotel and several of us older bike riders would hit their jigsaw puzzle collection.

Well, I guess I have a screw loose somewhere! :eek:

But I'm glad Mother is having so much fun with it. Of course, she has asked for the scissors a couple of times, to make them fit better! She's kidding, of course. She has been so engrossed with it that she has not taken a nap since she started the puzzle. I suspected that she was sleeping so much mainly because she didn't have anything to do. It's been difficult to keep her busy, without taking my time also. Sure wish there was an adult day care in the area! But this puzzle is helping a lot! And now that DH is home, and not working, he plays a board game with her, called Nine Mens Morris. They both enjoy that.

• Like 3

Well, I guess I have a screw loose somewhere! :eek:

But I'm glad Mother is having so much fun with it. Of course, she has asked for the scissors a couple of times, to make them fit better! She's kidding, of course. She has been so engrossed with it that she has not taken a nap since she started the puzzle. I suspected that she was sleeping so much mainly because she didn't have anything to do. It's been difficult to keep her busy, without taking my time also. Sure wish there was an adult day care in the area! But this puzzle is helping a lot! And now that DH is home, and not working, he plays a board game with her, called Nine Mens Morris. They both enjoy that.

No,you don't have anything loose,CJ! :) We are just all different in what holds our interest-I don't have any desire to do jigsaw puzzles,but I absolutely cannot leave the "Daily Jumble" alone if I get ahold of a newspaper! Awhile back my son had brought home several newspapers from his dad's. We don't take a paper anymore,so I went through that stack and spent several hours in contented bliss!

I can't wait until I can get to go to Mobile to Michael's and/or Hobby Lobby to spend my Christmas gift cash!

Oh,and I am so glad your dear mother is enjoying doing the puzzle so much!

Edited by kat57

I do love Scrabble and I'm totally addicted to the Hangman game on my phone! I also like hidden-word puzzles, especially the ones put out by DAVID Q. OUELLET, called Wonderwords. He uses all the squares, and the result answers a question he posts at the top. Those are a lot of fun, and I keep some in my purse at work, for when it slows down and starts to get boring with no customers.

• Like 1