Bandanas

TinyJudi

This is just a little tip that I wanted to share with everyone. While browsing through my local craft store, I found a quilt style multicolor bandana. It had just the right colors for my Orchid and it was .63 cents. From the piece, I was able to make a reversable comforter, curtains and 4 pillows, with a lot of material left over. This works out wonderfully for me because I so rarely sew that I don't have leftover fabric around, or a sewing machine for that matter. With the things being small, I am able to hand stitch. Also, for those of us on a budget, how much cheaper can you get than .63 cents. Oh, the crafty minds at work.

This is just a little tip that I wanted to share with everyone. While browsing through my local craft store, I found a quilt style multicolor bandana. It had just the right colors for my Orchid and it was .63 cents. From the piece, I was able to make a reversable comforter, curtains and 4 pillows, with a lot of material left over. This works out wonderfully for me because I so rarely sew that I don't have leftover fabric around, or a sewing machine for that matter. With the things being small, I am able to hand stitch. Also, for those of us on a budget, how much cheaper can you get than .63 cents. Oh, the crafty minds at work.

Thanks for the tip! I would have never thought of using a bandana, now I will have to keep an eye out. :thumb:

Thank you for the idea! I will have to take a look in that to see if I can find anything to use... And if you visit your local thrift shop you might strike gold as well.

As for the sewing and having scrap pieces of fabric, well ummm, I think I have some leftover :thumb: as far as the faberics are concerened... I can't bring myself to throw them out as it might fit something at one time or another :p

Oh and the fabric used in men's shirt are often perfect in patterns and softness as are some ties... (and yes hubby's tie rack has got a little less ties hanging there....)

Hugs

Judi, I'd like to see how your bandana bedding, etc, turned out.

Anna, old boxer skivvy shorts (underwear) often has either small prints or stripes suitable for bed ticking. I love the old polyester neckties, the width gives enough fabric to upholster a Victorian sofa & armchair and the designs are small and wind up looking like brocade.

Thank you for the idea! I will have to take a look in that to see if I can find anything to use... And

Oh and the fabric used in men's shirt are often perfect in patterns and softness as are some ties... (and yes hubby's tie rack has got a little less ties hanging there....)

Hugs

It's either that or ties with tiny little chunks cut out of them :blush: It's usually better to remove all evidence from the crime scene.

-Susanne

It's either that or ties with tiny little chunks cut out of them :blush: It's usually better to remove all evidence from the crime scene.

-Susanne

Most definitley!!! But then again since hubby change into this line of work he doesn't need the every day necktie and as he has sort of s hort temr memory for that kind of things he at times only lift an eyebrow and says slightly amused when seeing a familiar fabric "don't I know that one from somewhere?".... :innocent: and I most ofteh just go "you do?" hehe...

Hugs

Havanaholly...I uploaded the pic of the piece of the bandana that I have left onto my webshots album. There are also pictures of the beding, but I have it arranged in a chest as I don't have a bed yet.

I also used a pillow for the sewing chair.

Here is a link to the pictures.

http://community.webshots.com/user/Judi6160