Information needed

Rinav

Hello everybody,

I am looking for the following doll houses:

1.TENNYSON DOLL HOUSE KIT

2.Duracraft San Franciscan Dollhouse Mansion

Can anybody advise what will be the price and the website where i could purchase them online?

thanks in advance,

:banana:

I believe the Tennyson was made by Artply. Dura craft went out of business and I heard all their remaining inventory was bought by dollproperties.com. I think your best bet for both houses are probably to keep looking on Ebay.

Dollproperties does list the San Franciscan but it's priced at $210. I have no idea what they charge for shipping.

-David

David, thanks a lot! I am really appreciated your info. But i have tryed ebay already. May I say what happend. I have purchased a nice TENNYSON DOLL HOUSE KIT for my little daughter for a very nice of 26$ including a furniture!!! But the seller decide to resell and change his mind about our deal. But the worse that I have told my daughter and showed her a picture of the house. She is really waiting for this little present!

Now I am spending day and night to fix this problem.

any help is appreciated!

Hi Rina,

Wow I'm sorry about the incident - most Ebay sellers are pretty good - occasionally you run into a real flake. I wonder if it's the one that's up for sale now but the guy has 100% pos feedback. I would definitely leave negative feedback for a seller refusing to live up to the deal - it is supposed to be a binding contract. Unfortunately all you can do is complain to Ebay and they probably won't do anything about it. If it was me I'd probably just explain to your daughter that the person you bought it from changed thier mind and that it's not right but that you'll keep looking for just the right house. It's rough when a kid is all excited about getting something. Some people are just weiners :banana:

I wouldn't completely give up on Ebay though lots of folks here have gotten some good stuff there. There's also a San Franciscan up for bid right now. I've also had some fair luck with thrift shops - not the Good Will ones (at least not so far) but the smaller charity thrifts sometimes get dollhouses or even dollhouse kits in - so keep checking! And don't give up! I know it's a heart breaker but there are are better people out there and if this ebay seller is going to flake on the sale then you know they'd flake if there was a problem with the item. Hopefully you at least got your money back.

-David

The Tennyson comes up on ebay pretty frequently. Alot of times you can even get the kits new in the box. Mine was not new and it didn't have instructions. I don't even think all the parts were in the box. I got the Artply kit, but there are also Greenleaf kits....I'd try for one of those if you can. Just keep watching for them. Ususally they are auctions but sometimes "buy it now's" do come along. The greenleaf ones are painted green on the box. The artply one's are beige.

The San Franciscan is fairly common as well. If you can avoid dollhousproperties tho that might be best, i have heard a number of complaints about them, the biggest complaint is the over pricing.

Unfortunately ebay is probably going to be your best source as they are both no longer being produced.

Good luck!

Actually the Tennyson was made by Artply (The one without a foundation) Then Greenleaf (under the name Falls Diecut) made the Tennyson with a foundation to it. I liked that one better because it came with a pack of foundation stone mix too :banana:

Both houses are discontinued now though (The duracraft one and the tennyson)

thanks a lot for your kind words, I am trying to fix a problem without telling my daughter the real issue, she is too young to understand. The seller gave me a refund, that wasn't the issue.

I will keep my eyes open for ebay( the only problem is the time difference :banana: with Europe).

If you will see one of those houses please send me a link and I wll follow it and purchase the house.

again, thanks for your warm wishes and advise, now I will became the steady gust of this community.

occasionally you run into a real flake. I wonder if it's the one that's up for sale now but the guy has 100% pos feedback

Just wanted to post an addendum to that - I doubt it's the same seller - no furniture with this one just a picnick table.

-David

Actually the Tennyson was made by Artply (The one without a foundation) Then Greenleaf (under the name Falls Diecut) made the Tennyson with a foundation to it. I liked that one better because it came with a pack of foundation stone mix too :banana:

Both houses are discontinued now though (The duracraft one and the tennyson)

wow, i didn't know that the greenleaf one has a foundation!

thanks a lot for your kind words, I am trying to fix a problem without telling my daughter the real issue, she is too young to understand. The seller gave me a refund, that wasn't the issue.

I will keep my eyes open for ebay( the only problem is the time difference :banana: with Europe).

If you will see one of those houses please send me a link and I wll follow it and purchase the house.

again, thanks for your warm wishes and advise, now I will became the steady gust of this community.

I can't believe the seller back out. That is just not right, they should have determined what they wanted before placing it for sell. After that they should have stuck with what they put it up for. Sorry to hear about that. I know you will find another one and i will keep an eye out for you. :banana:

There are 3 Tennysons on Ebay currently:

#270037415888 - current bid $26.00

#300035333089 - current bid $10.00

#140038319594 - current bid $20.50

There are always at least a couple of the San Franciscan kits listed they seem to be pretty easy to come by.

Good Luck!

Valerie

There are always at least a couple of the San Franciscan kits listed they seem to be pretty easy to come by.

Good Luck!

Valerie

Hey Valerie, how is you QA coming along? I'd love to see pictures

Guess I spoke too fast. here is a bigger front picture of it

gallery_4_53_210729.jpg

:woot: ;)

Ohhhh, OK, better shusch I think as hubby is getting somewhat suspicious of my "OHHHS" and "AHHHS" LOL as he he is getting a bit "worried" about the city planning in mini....

Hugs

Hey Valerie, how is you QA coming along? I'd love to see pictures

I'm starting the shingles this week. Decided to complete the exterior before starting anything inside. I should have photos available this week - will let you know when they are up. Thanks for asking.

• 2 weeks later...

Good Luck!

Valerie

Thanks a lot for your advise and help!!! My appreciation! where shouls I send the chocolate? :banana:

Hello everyone,

Finally I bought on ebay the first san franciscan doll house for my daughter and myself!

Now we are looking for furniture. Any ideas where we can get at reasonable price X-Acto house of miniatures furniture kits?

Congratualtions Rinav to your purchase of the San Franciscan!

No idea where to get those kits though, what kind of kits are you looking for by the way? As there are also those HOM kits that one can get on ebay from tiem to time :banana:

Hugs

Congrats on finding your San Fransiscan! The HOM kits are no longer made, but there are always lots of them on Ebay. I know that you were burned by Ebay once, but that is your best bet.

As an alternative, you could use Mini Mundus kits. They have similar designs, and since they are still in production they are easy to find. I see you are in Germany, and since they are a German company they should be very easy for you to find!

Jeri

Thanks a lot for your advise and help!!! My appreciation! where shouls I send the chocolate? :banana:

Hello everyone,

Finally I bought on ebay the first san franciscan doll house for my daughter and myself!

Now we are looking for furniture. Any ideas where we can get at reasonable price X-Acto house of miniatures furniture kits?

Watch e-bay for the kits. That's how I got all mine. I would suggest looking into completed auctions to get an idea of how much the kits are selling for. That way you can have an idea of what some of the kits cost.

I would like to see the Tennyson in 1:24, too!

Holly, there is a kit in 1/24th scale, it's by a different company but looks so much like the Tennyson....i actually like this kit better because it has more windows. It's a pretty kit but i doubt i'll get one because it's too similar to the Tennyson.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dollhouse-Construction...1QQcmdZViewItem