Newbie from Fort Mill, SC

dkumpula

Hmmm. Three and a half years with this project sitting on the dining room table would make me less than popular in my own home! ;)

I plan to get the outside completed ASAP and then continue with the cleaner interior work with the house relocated to my daughters room. We'll see what my "real world" does to my timeline . . :)

• 2 months later...

Hi and Welcome, I would love to see more photo's of your house. Im sort of a newbie myself and you're right coming here you get a lot of inspiration and creative ideas. right now Im working on a scratch built camper for my DH's bait shop I finally got over my fear of wheels (dont ask..it's a bit silly) and I'll probably be finishing it up this weekend *fingers crossed* hopefully..life keeps getting in my way :)

Hi Marisa!

It sounds like you took the challenging route by avoiding a kit. If you haven't already got wheels you are happy with, an alternative to Holly's suggestion is RC wheels. They come in various scales and several look like 1:1 world tires. Some are quite expensive, but many are just a few dollars per wheel. Here's a link to one store's supply of 1:10 scale wheels: http://www.rcplanet.com/RC_Tires_and_Wheels_s/39.htm?pgnum=1&pgsize=all&filter=100000000011eq100000000012and100000001011eq100000001012

Additional pictures of my current effort are in my gallery. I hope you post some of your own as well!

Happy building!

-David

• Like 1

Hi Marisa!

It sounds like you took the challenging route by avoiding a kit. If you haven't already got wheels you are happy with, an alternative to Holly's suggestion is RC wheels. They come in various scales and several look like 1:1 world tires. Some are quite expensive, but many are just a few dollars per wheel. Here's a link to one store's supply of 1:10 scale wheels: http://www.rcplanet.com/RC_Tires_and_Wheels_s/39.htm?pgnum=1&pgsize=all&filter=100000000011eq100000000012and100000001011eq100000001012

Additional pictures of my current effort are in my gallery. I hope you post some of your own as well!

Happy building!

-David

David Im so new I didn't even know they had a kit, I saw one on Pintrest and I liked it so I started to make one for myself (I got so green eyed jealous of everyone talking about their dollhouses that I wanted a few of my own..now I have about 3 but Im sure I'll get many more..who knew you could buy them?..I just thought it was a big secret for special people...now Im part of that group too) :) guess I just live in a fantasy world

Marisa, here is the kit in the Greenleaf store: http://shop.greenleafdollhouses.com/Miniature-Travel-Trailer-Kit.html If you have any insulin-dependent diabetic friends or know any public health nurses, get them to donate a couple of empty large med bottles. Getting the tops off will destroy those tops, but it's the bottles you want. Wash them out well and let them dry, drip some white paint down into them and use a small brush to completely coat the insides of the bottles, and mount them on the front of your trailer for in-scale propane gas bottles. We still had our first RV when I built this one (it is now gone), so there are a lot of features we had that went into it. I have another kit and we have a newer, smaller unit, so eventually I will rebuild the kit.

• Like 1