Dollhouse Families

rackey

Maybe Jadis could take Percutio a tray of her special Turkish Delight to console him for Maharet's leaving him. The Petty family are actually porcelain dolls I got from DHE. I make mini people to live in the houses I build, which is why I sent the Pettys to move back into the Cambridge when it moved.

Ever since the departure of the various patrons of The Sprig of Holly both Porter and Emma have been not too subtly suggesting I make them some new ones; but painting the pub roof is going to be my first project once I finish unpacking into the workshop. I have made quite a lot of progress the past couple of days, despite the dust threatening my allergies again, and DH brought the Lily out today, so all my kits are out there. The Orchid rehab is still in the garage, but I have nowhere to put it until he gets the other set of shelves put together. I have one more small bookcase full of shoeboxes to be gone through and I'll be ready to rearrange workbenches to set up work stations and make room for his big power tools. Next is to gather up all Mildred's stray bits & bobs and get it all together for burial.

I am with you Deb! No mini dolls allowed! The real life mini people would riot at the thought! Since I live with a mean little witch, a mad Steampunk scientist, a real life Apache scout, a burglar on a coffee break,and characters from thirteen different fairy tales, among others. Oh! I left out Spike, the pit bulldog and a lot of other animals. There is NO room for silly dolls. They can't replace mini people.

As Tessie would say, "We shan't have any inanimate people clogging up the works! Either work or leave!". Then she sits back down in the nearest easy chair with a footstool and yells, "Casey, bring me a cookie and some bug beer! Now!"

• Like 3

Emily and Christopher John *must* have the same Easter and Halloween treats, or they fight. Elizabeth and Edward are thinking about finding a nanny, only they are not sure they can afford one, as they can barely afford Nan and Mrs, Cook. Ah, the trials of being upwardly mobile in the Edwardian age.

Lady Anne is tired of living in the shoebox and can hardly wait for her house (which is being paid for by a legacy left her by her aunt). The family rebel, she is starting a career as a lady journalist.

• Like 1

My houses must also have a pet! Like Cookie, the sea lion who showed up as soon as I started building the Lily beach house. And Mr Chow just arrived in time to welcome the Willowcrest. I have a couple of bouncy golden retrievers hiding among some minis in the drawer, a couple of meerkats, oh, and then there are also five dragons!

I can hear my little people perfectly well inside my head, but the rest of my family are apparently not listening hard enough :noway:

Marie, the Merrymeeting doll, is away "on business" while the Lily is waiting to be bashed. She is actually a mermaid living a double life as a human. Her backstory popped into my head nearly 20 years ago as a serial dream over a couple of months. This is going to be interesting to build! Thank goodness the little 1:12 scale rowboat arrived from Amazon. She rows out to somewhere private before she goes underwater - it freaks out the fishermen if she just walks into the water and stays away for a few days, you know!

My Asian lady is quite a powerful healer and actually magicked into existence the bargain of the century on eBay for me. There was a set of 10 pieces of Chinese furniture with shell inlay for $175 plus $15 postage. Within a week, there were two new ads: same furniture (one half-round shaped and one rectangular shaped) for $50 each. Both are now on their way to Dubai. She wants to have enough seating if the clan ever comes to visit from Malaysia and she needs furniture for the courtyard too. Now she's hunting for a traditional altar to appease the ancestors and the Eight Immortals.

Lady Camella, the eccentric expat, has claimed my Garfield, but since she is swanning around and revisiting some of the Sheikhs in Dubai, she's quite flexible about build dates and I can at least concentrate on Eternity Point for now. She has quite a collection of shisha water pipes. Since I cannot stand smoke, I just hope she doesn't stink up the place too much, although the apple tobacco smells quite fragrant. Oh, yes, I must remember to put a fire extinguisher in the Garfield.

Big D and Mrs Renfield are still debating what kind of commercial establishments will be on the ground floors of the new bash. At least we're getting somewhere with the wallpaper and flooring options. Big D is still undecided on the colour of the coffin room though (he can be such a drama queen!)

Whew - add to that two real life children (4 and 6) and I'm amazed to be relatively sane and functioning hehehehehehehe :ohyeah:

My husband, Walter, is in league with Tessie and Zar.

They had him get me a tee shirt with their photo and "Casey's Minis, 2014, Over a million served" on it. That was when the hits on my blog went to that mark... I think I have it pretty good, having a husband that talks to the mini people around here and even aids them when needed. The package had his name crossed out and in his handwriting it said, "to Casey, from Tessie and Zar"!

• Like 2

My husband, Walter, is in league with Tessie and Zar.

They had him get me a tee shirt with their photo and "Casey's Minis, 2014, Over a million served" on it. That was when the hits on my blog went to that mark... I think I have it pretty good, having a husband that talks to the mini people around here and even aids them when needed. The package had his name crossed out and in his handwriting it said, "to Casey, from Tessie and Zar"!

<laughing with delight> Casey, thanks for starting my day off with such a great laugh. Walter may be in league with Zar and Tessie, but what a sweet thing for all three of them to do for you. I'm going to be chuckling about this all day. Understanding about your mini people makes him a good husband but helping them surprise you with a gift takes him up into the "exceptional" category. :1st: :clap::clap::clap:

• Like 1