Beacon Hill roof

Fericia

I was wondering if the roof thingy's on the Beacon Hill are supposed to be bend? I made a Fairfield, but when I was working on 'bending' the tower, everything went wrong and made me kind of scared of those towers/roofs.

And seeing that the BH has 3 of those roofs that seem to be bended... It scares me D=

If you notice, part of the Glencroft roof curves over the front door: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/dollhouse-kits/glencroft-dollhouse-kit.html Part of what I did was to go to the underside and carefully score through the wood no more than half the thickness at evenly spaced intervals, and then dampened the scored side to get it to curve. With very thin wood I find dipping the piece into boiling water and then carefully wrapping it around a curved surface the diameter of the amount of curve I want and fastening it with several strong rubberbnds until thoroughly dry does the job.

Holly, the Glencroft curved bit is made of plywood, is it not? Not the same bird.

Jennifer, the bits of wood for the curved BH roof sections are made of a very thin and quite bendable wood, like a veneer. Mine just popped into place and are sitting there without glue or other support at the moment. The trim will help to hold them. One piece -- the side of the left roof that faces the center tower section -- could be tricky for shingling. You might want to make a template of that piece, glue the shingles on the template, and then slip the shingled template into place one the base roof is glued in place. I plan to do that.

Mine was an old kit and I had to go the water/ rubberband/ coffee can route. It may have been slightly thinner than the rest of the plywood, but not by much. From what I understand they changed the kit eventually so that the roof material was this veneer. I hope for your sake you have one of the newer versions.