Sort by dollhouse model section

Marlene

As this site is getting "Bigger and Improved" all the time, (and that comes with a HUGE Thank You attached) with added topics etc., I would love to be able to go to a section more detailed than just the brands of dollhouse. As many people are doing many models of dollhouses, it would be nice to have a sub-header under each brand for each model of house. For ex. Greenleaf --Garfield, Pierce or Corona--Lily, Aster.

As this is a sharing community it is nice to see what other people have done on a particular model to use as a borrowed idea, in whole or in part, or to understand the instructions that say, put parts X on Y and you only have C and D left.

Sometimes, we have seen something that says, oh my gosh, I have to remember that but when the remember that gets forgotten, and we have to look through all the postings etc. it can be so time consuming. And we all know there is never enough time.

I don't know if anyone else would be interested in having this feature but would love to hear what everyone thinks of this idea? Hopefully, I'm not going "way out" on this idea...it's just a thought.

Happy Miniaturing!!!

I think this is a GREAT idea! that way we wouldnt have to do a search at the search topic on the top. we could just go to the section for that dollhouse. sounds great :D

I don't want to sound like a nay-sayer.. - on the surface having a seperate sub topic for each model house sounds like a good idea, but when I stop to think of all the models of dollhouse by every maker - it sounds incredibly daunting. I have no idea how many model houses there are but I know there are a Lot! I see 14 Greenleaf house listed on the main site but there are many more models out there than that, then add in the Corona kits on top of that and then Dura-Craft, Walmer, Arrow, Skill Craft, puzzle houses, RGT kits... I can't imagine having to list every house by all those companies. I think it would be a tremendously huge and tedious task. It would probably be a lot easier if people just agreed to start their posts with the name of the house they're working on and then what ever question they have , which seems to be what most people do already. It is kind of a bummer when there's a post with something generic and you can't remember what house they're asking about unless you read the post, but I sure would not want to be the one to have try to list all the houses ever made by each company- especially when you consider that it's not just the houses in production now that people have questions about but also the houses that have been made in the past. Even though a house may not be being made currently there are lots of kits even from the 70's that are still out there. I think it would a herculean task.

Just my 2 cents

-David

The SEARCH feature of this forum is very useful for tracking down information on particular houses. It's nice to have project names on the main forum page for the houses we seem to be most interested in at the moment. (I'm thinking of the recent meteoric rise of popularity in the Pierce.) I guess as other models come along and gain in popularity, they might have their own threads, too?

This was something we wanted to do and in the beginning of the new forum we even "moved" these topics under the "appropriate" manufacture to try to keep things neat. Well, this became too big because if someone had a general question or idea and they are working on let's say the Orchid kit, A lot of general info would be missed. People also did not like the idea of there topic being moved.

The search feature works wonderfully though. I do think it's a great idea but it's one we have tried to do and it's just not enough hands to sort through every single topic.

:D