Remember those beds that

CatColorado

I was just wondering if anyone had dressed theirs yet? I pulled mine out to work on it and was curious to what others had done. I'm attempting to make a mattress out of an old bubble mailer. What can I say, I'm becoming a scrounger. ;)

When I took my workshop a couple of weeks ago with Sue Ann Thwaite, she introduced us to a product called Fabric Tack. I don't know who the manufacturer is, she gave us what we needed in little plastic containers. When we were dressing the bed in our Dutch Baby House we used it to hold the material to the wooden base. It grabs right away. Great product. We then used it to hold the fabric as we shaped the bedding. It's especially good for working the scales smaller than 1:12

-Susanne

• 2 months later...

I was reading old posts last night, and came across this one, it inspired me to go dress my bed, so i did !!

here is a pic

I used a piece of fleece scarf for a matress and covered in in white flannel, the pillows and cushions on the bed are the same fleece, covered in fabric, and I edged the sheet with lace and the edge of the 'quilt' with bunka.

looks good enough to sleep in now, I have a scene planned for it, think i will make a room box and design a bedroom around the bed, it will sit nicely on my bookcase. the bed will go on a platform in the room I think to show it off. It will be an ultra posh room

post-315-1167645020_thumb.jpg

Sal -

What a lovely dressed bed that you've made up. That's another one of my plans for 2007, I'd love to learn more about dressing beds and chaise lounges. I've bought some very stunning ones, but never made one for myself (other than the 2 I made at Sue Anne's workshop). I'd like to do one in 1:12 scale. I really like what you've done with your bed.

-Susanne

I'm wanting to use cotton on mine but the only fabric I have that is the right scale is silk. I don't think the silk will look right. Maybe I should just make a quilt and call it done.

Hmm, I think I have convinced myself.

Hopefully it will look cute when I am finished. No guarantees. It's a whole cloth style, I just completed it. Now I need to make the shams and toss pillows.

and take pictures!!

Thank you! I'm very happy with it. I'm thrilled with how the pillows turned out. I would never have thought to use the bunka if it weren't for Sal; I always forget that I have the stuff. I do need to practice making smaller stitches, the ones on the quilt look HUGE! That's what I get for rushing :)

I'm trying to stay focused on 1/2" scale right now, just so I can say "LOOKY! I finished something!" The 1" scale Albatross Manor has been calling my name though. It wants an exterior color change, something similar to the Troja Palace in Prague.

I'm trying to stay focused on 1/2" scale right now, just so I can say "LOOKY! I finished something!" The 1" scale Albatross Manor has been calling my name though. It wants an exterior color change, something similar to the Troja Palace in Prague.

A search of the forum found no other reference to Albatross Manor ... my curiosity is piqued! Show me, show me ... please. :D

It must be one feisty little building if it wants to wear the vivid contrasts of the Troja Palace!