Fairfield...I'm back!

mlhall326

Hello everyone!

I have been gone for awhile. Life got in the way. A few months back I was in the process of installing a fireplace and somehow knicked the electrical, lost lights on one whole side of my house. Life was stressful at the time, so I took a breather. I am now back at it, am about 90% done. I fixed the electrical, all is working now. I am pretty unhappy with my wallpaper, as some of it is wrinkling, worst of all, the faux wood flooring. I ripped that up, used wood coffee stirrers instead. What a difference! Looks great, will use that from now on!! I just stained it. I now need to install doors and windows, then decorate! Super excited. My three year old daughter has been playing in it this whole time and is excited to see me working on it again!

Thinking about my next project. Thinking of doing a light house. I just redecorated our bathroom on the main level of our house in a "sea" theme. Thought it would look great in there as all of our guests would see it.

Or I may do the Greenlead village I received free when I ordered The Fairfield. Not sure yet. I really want to do a Christmas themed Santas house and also a scary Halloween themed house. So not really sure which direction I will go!!

Sorry for the grainy pics, took them on my iPad. Will post better ones soon.

post-21563-0-27754400-1379297894_thumb.j

post-21563-0-94287400-1379297921_thumb.j

• Like 3

Hi Melissa, Grainy pix or not,your Fairfield is gorgeous! I hope you do the Greenleaf Village next;Roxie2 is doing one,as are some other members,and she's having a blast! Well,I think she might want to blast them some days,lol,but every one she's done so far is so cute! I bet you'd have a great time,too! But,of course,you must do what is right for you! I also like your idea of decorating the real life bathroom with the lighthouse! Either way,have fun!

Welcome home, Melissa! Let me warn you that if you build the GL lighthouse kit, it's lasercut and builds so fast that if you plan any bashing it might be too late once it's together (that was my experience with it); but the 1:24 kit is a nice size to decorate your bathroom.