• bakery/candy shop
    • Christmas
    • Winter
    • Something...anything, other than what is above

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my gosh, Susanna, you're food is AMAZING!! The pies and that chocolate cake are just something!! Oh, I do hope you join the swap!!! :hide:

If it ends up being the bakery/candy-shop, count me in. I'm darned good at making mini-food items, and I'd probably make a little lot of items for each swap 'package'. I've already got ideas popping into my head.

:fakenopic:

Well Bakery/Candy Shop is leading by three! I wonder if all those silent Winter voters will be able to make a comeback? The suspense is killing me!

I hope I can participate in this one (crosses fingers), it's been so long since I joined one of the 1/12th swaps.

Ummmm . . . I'm not very good at math, but it looks like 5 to me! Of course, maybe there were two more votes since the last time you looked! :wave:

Cat, when does the poll close?

My mouth is watering over the mini bakery items already! I'm thinking something ethnic from my Czech-Bohemian heritage.

What happens if a lot more than 15-20 people sign up? Might we split into two groups?

Close it while we are ahead
Yeah! :wave:

What happens if a lot more than 15-20 people sign up? Might we split into two groups?

No, let's not! :thumb: I could fill my whole tea cottage with that many participants! Of course, making that many might not be so good . . . but I could fill my whole tea cottage with that many participants!!! :wave:

Yar, it's five now. I didn't refresh my page before posting so I don't know if it was right at the time or I was in my own personal time warp.

I'm going to leave the poll open for another day or so, just so everyone has a chance to have their say.

As for the numbers of participants, we'll just play it by ear. I think everyone who wants to participate should be allowed. After I close this poll, I will open a new one along the lines of "1. I am 95% certain I will join, 2. I am 65% certain I will join, 3. I am less than 65% certain that I will join", to get a feel for the numbers.

Well, since December would technically be a "holiday" swap, the number could go to 20, or does go to 20 I mean. It could go higher upon mutual agreement. I don't know if we would need to split or not, because most bakery items would be small, so the box still wouldn't be very large.

That's true... tiny items. I hope we don't need to split! Also, if it helps - if we get a lot of people, maybe people can send their items to the hub in a box in a box - meaning pack everything in one box and then slide all that into another so the hub doesn't have to run around searching for boxes to mail things back in... maybe between all the different sizes, it'll make their life easier to get rid of some of the boxes rather than scrounging for more? Not sure if that would help or not!

That's true... tiny items. I hope we don't need to split! Also, if it helps - if we get a lot of people, maybe people can send their items to the hub in a box in a box - meaning pack everything in one box and then slide all that into another so the hub doesn't have to run around searching for boxes to mail things back in... maybe between all the different sizes, it'll make their life easier to get rid of some of the boxes rather than scrounging for more? Not sure if that would help or not!

The post office has small boxes that you can get for free. When I was doing a lot of eBay selling, I ordered some from their site on line and they were delivered right to the house. The minimum order is one, the max is 20. But there's nothing to stop you from ordering 20 one day and another 20 a few days later.

There are two Flat Rate boxes:

USPS Flat Rate Small Boxes

They also have Priority Mail boxes in small sizes:

USPS Priority Mail Boxes

Here's a thought: Since bakery and winter are both popular, why not run the bakery one first and then do the winter theme in January or February? February is such a bleak month, looking forward to a swap would be a cheery thought.

As for the numbers of participants, we'll just play it by ear. I think everyone who wants to participate should be allowed. After I close this poll, I will open a new one along the lines of "1. I am 95% certain I will join, 2. I am 65% certain I will join, 3. I am less than 65% certain that I will join", to get a feel for the numbers.

For bakery/candy shop . . . count me as 110%!!

I hope to get this going soon . . . it's almost the middle of October which doesn't leave a lot of time, especially with the Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons fast approaching. And to top it off . . . we're going back to Canada to spend Christmas with family and friends.

- meaning pack everything in one box and then slide all that into another so the hub doesn't have to run around searching for boxes to mail things back in...

Now you're talking!

True, and candy type items are small as well. Neither group requires a huge amount of materials. (In response to Linda's post)

edit*

Okay, I really need to start refreshing my pages before posting. About 5 posts magically appeared after I posted the above :cloud9:

Edited by CatColorado

Well if you got the whole bottle what about sharing it with a green apple pucker newbie huh?!?! Might need some before tucking in LOL! And might I add that I am in a definite fimo mood????

Hugs