Another dollhouse...

peggyquade

I feel lucky! I've read some posts here where you found dollhouses about to be thrown in the garbage or you got one for nothing at a garage sale and I was soooo jealous...that never happened to me!

But yesterday evening, I was looking through the dollhouse ads on Seattle's Craig's List and there was a listing for a dollhouse that needed TLC for $20. Right up my alley. So I looked at it. She is all the way down in Renton (about 40 minutes away) but it's a plywood dollhouse, already built, for $20! So I sent her a quick e:mail, asking her to let me buy it even tho I couldn't go get it until Thursday and she said yes! I will take pictures when I get it home tommorrow but it's two storys with a big attic, a central front door with a little bay above the front door, a 3 story tower on the right side of the front. I am so excited! My first great find, after the cheap price on the Pierce, that is.

post-924-1159424257_thumb.jpgI got the new dollhouse today. What a big, heavy thing it is! It's 46" long, 36" tall and about 20" deep. needs lots of work but it's hand made. Interior rooms are a little out of scale, I think. 13" X 14.5" living room, nice sized dining room and then a big, 15" x 15" carpeted room all the way to the right. Looks like they were going to make that the master bedroom but where would the kitchen go? I'll have to think about that one! I may add a wall in the bedroom now kitchen to make a bathroom and to make the bedroom now kitchen a little smaller. Lots of possibilities! Now I really need to sell that Linfield so I have room in my craft room for this big house! Here's a picture but I've set up an album so take a look!