my new heidi ott doll

Elsbeth

I wasn't prepared to like her this much - but I really do!

She seems very happy - and I love how she poses.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/jennyoctober/ott2.jpg

And here is one of my Erna Meyer dolls - she is the housekeeper:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/jen...housekeeper.jpg

And, since we're doing photos, here is a shot of the kitchen with paint chips all over it:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/jen...er/kitchen2.jpg

No doors or baseboards...and while I love the varnished wood floor, I plan on doing the wood strip flooring just for the kitchen.

Everywhere else will have the natural floor.

Oh, Jenn ... I love the shot of your kitchen! I have the same sink. Thought I was going to use it in the Orchid, but it's much too elegant (and too big) for that, so I'm saving it for the Pierce (although that kitchen doesn't look overly large, either).

I DO love it when a plan comes together! lol!

I'm not sure what her name is yet - she hasn't told me.

She is such a cheery and hearty little doll - I really like how she livens things up in the house.

KathieB - I LOVE that sink! I was torn between the plain one and the blue and white one...and I caved to the blue and white. I got the fairy china plates in the dish-rack...I'm pretty sure the photo showed the blue onion set - but I like the fairy plates! Can't wait to see your Pierce kitchen!

SuzyQ - the stove is the Reutter stove. I fell in love with it. It's the whole reason I started working on the kitchen again (I had lapsed)....and I even expanded the kitchen (2 rooms into 1 bog one) so that I could cram it full of kitchen stuff.

The house is the RGT front opening Federal.

I have a long way to go. So much trim to put in and paint to brush on. But I'm lovin' it. It's the first house I've done by myself.

Btw, I found the stove on ebay for a decent price.

I've seen it for $72 and higher, but it's $60 or so on ebay. It's really great - I am a stove junkie. I have the bodo hennig stove, too - but I like this one - all cluttered with stuff.

Por vous SuzyQ:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/jen...er/kitchen1.jpg

It's sort of a drunken camera angle. Forgive me.

And note the bodo hennig stove (temporary!!! lol) nearby.

It's all one piece - the stove and cabinets - came that way.

The "bricks" are card-paper. They look fine, though.

The front doors of the stove do not open (my doll's don't mind that), but one of the top burners does open and close.

The cabinet doors all work.

The china it comes with is lovely. I removed some modern cans (and put them in the cabinet).

This replaced the hennig stove as my favorite. It's very cozy looking, that stove.

I love your pics! Oh, most of your minis seem to be German and Swiss... like mine! I have the same sink and I love the stove but sadly have no use for it at the moment so I haven't bought it yet. But it's a real beauty! I just love to look at pics of it.

It comes with everything, the cabinets and the China. I think there's also a similar sink with cabinets and China, also by Reutter. It's a lovely piece too. Would match the stove perfectly. I fear I have to build a 3rd dollhouse to have space for another kitchen! Hehe!

Do you know the porcelain miniature dolls by Erna Meyer? My local dollhouse store sells some of them, they are very pretty but also very expensive. I think you can buy 2 or even 3 Heidi Otts for the money. But they are very detailed. You can see pics at the Erna Meyer Homepage.

I love your Heidi Ott doll. I'm hinting (for Christmas) for a HO parlor or kitchen maid, or even a nurse, so I can pose her doing something. I have two little Fritz Canzler maids who are very posable, but they are so light they fall over quite easily, too. One is currently asleep on the floor of an upstairs bedroom; the other is apparently dead drunk & leaning against the bathroom wall. Oh, the trouble with the help!

Victorian kitchens are a pill! In real life they were drab, often painted blue because that color supposedly killed flies (or the minerals in that color?) I threw real life aside with mine & put in wallpaper. :lol:

Victorian kitchens are a pill! In real life they were drab, often painted blue because that color supposedly killed flies (or the minerals in that color?) I threw real life aside with mine & put in wallpaper. :lol:

How interesting! I just got a mini-mind-flash of a blue kitchen with teensy little dead flies on the floor ... :D

<groping toward coffee cup>

Your Heidi Ott doll is lovely. I also collect Heidi Ott 1:12 dolls. I think that they have such beautiful faces, and the clothing is so detailed.

Thank you for sharing photos.

The sink and stove sets are also very nice. Reutter makes some pretty incredible pieces. I like Bodo Henning, but as it is 1:10 scale instead of 1:12 it can often overwhelm a room in a smaller dollhouse.

BTW, I've attached a photo of this same Heidi Ott doll that I used in a Halloween scene.

493000282GVcpnJ_th.jpg

-Susanne