Bespaq Furniture Markings

MissElle

Does Bespaq mark all their furniture? And if so, how are they marked? I just won an eBay auction that was advertised as Bespaq. But after a closer look at the pictures, I can't make out any markings. There is a small oval gold label ,but I can't make out what it says.I would love to think I might actually own a Bespaq piece , but I'm thinking I probably don't.

I used to work at a dh shop, and Ive bought a lot of Bespaq and none that Ive seen have been marked with anything but a sticker. No engravings,etc. I think it would be nice though, just so that you would have that extra assurance. Not that a marking couldn't be faked too. What I look for when Im shopping for it online is (if I can describe this)is almost a petite~ness of form. No "clunkiness". nice slim legs..etc.

• Like 2

Yes you probably do. I've never seen markings on them except for that gold oval sticker on the base. If you like it that's all that matters Bespaq or not, there are some beautiful things made by other manufacturers too.

Unfortunately Bespaq doesn't have an official sticker or marking.

I get all of New England Miniatures' directly from Bespaq, and some have a Bespaq Fine Miniatures sticker on them that's oval or rectangular, others have a sticker that says Bespaq with a product code, while others have no Bespaq sticker at all. I recall some of the older ones had a gold oval Bespaq sticker.

As an added note: Bespaq has been touting that they are changing to a "Special Authentication Hologram" and/or a new "Emblazoned Logo" on their furniture. I haven't seen the new markings yet, and they have been talking about it for a while. The change is to help answer questions just like yours. They didn't have any examples at the Chicago wholesale show. Everything there had the oval sticker.

Yeah, the holographic sticker idea seems to have fallen by the wayside. BTW, I'll be getting the new Lilly Anna bedroom set and the new entertainment center soon. I was told that they were sent out with my last order on Friday.

Pit did start the raised holographic mark a couple years before his passing as a result of the lawsuit he filed against the copy companies. I do have several pieces with that mark on them but since his passing it seems to have been forgotten. On Saturday the USPS delivered to me the gorgeous Bespaq Ginsburg Library/Desk/Chair set which is one of the very latest pieces produced by Bespaq and it just has a white Bespaq Corp sticker on the bottom.

Valerie

Thank you everyone ! I am happy to think that I might really have a Bespaq piece. It really is a pretty piece and will fit perfectly in my DH. I sometimes see very inexpensive items that I have, listed on ebay for ridiculously high prices. Just the other day I saw a chair I bought for $6.99 (retail price) being offered on ebay for $25.00. I really dislike it when I think that I have been mislead.

I have some Bespaq pieces that have the name engraved on the bottom of the piece, but most just have the stickers. I shop eBay a lot. Just read, read, read the descriptions and titles. I've seen some non-Bespaq pieces that are very finely made too, so it pays to enlarge and study the pictures. But my favorite pieces are JBM and Bespaq.

As Karin said, there is a refined look to the pieces and they aren't clunky, but most important, you have to like it. :)