dollshouses as gifts

milly mandy

I'm working on a San Franciscan currently that will be a Christmas gift for my 8 year old niece this year. I'm about 2/3 done with it so far. It will be completely decorated & furnished when I give it to her.

I also have completed Ashley & Sweetheart dollhouses that will be donated to our local foodbank for their Christmas program - they provide Christmas gifts to children in need in our town every year. Parents who are signed up for the foodbank can sign-up to go "Christmas shopping" for their children at their annual event. These two houses will be fully furnished with dollar store furniture & lots of furnishings won off ebay by the time I donate them. I'm hoping that the two little girls that find these houses under their Christmas trees this year will be as thrilled that Santa brought them as I was (thrilled) making them!

I'm also going to be building the rgt front opening shop for my mother for Christmas. She wants to decorate & furnish it as a Christmas shop.

I have another two Ashley dollhouses, a Lafayette dollhouse and another Sweetheart that will eventually be built & furnished & donated to the Christmas program - but probably not until next year - I'm not that fast a builder or decorator!

I have built 5 houses and given them as gifts.

it is a very warm fuzzy feeling to see a face light up with such joy over something you made for them.

have fun with your projects

Happy building

nutti :lol:

I'm working on an Orchid now for my five year old niece for Christmas. I have to have it finished by the end of October since that's when I'll see my inlaws who will deliver it to her. They live about 15 hours away by car and I can't easily ship this thing. I also built a Bayberry for my other niece a couple of years ago. But she already had received the kit a couple of years before. Her mom just never had time to build it, so I did it for her. I added furniture and that was my Christmas gift to her. I'm all out of nieces and I've already built two houses and a barn for my daughter. I need someone else to build for!

I have given houses as gifts I just wish I had pictures of them all. Maybe when we move I will find them. I think it's the perfect thing to give to a person easpecially of miniatures are a big part of your own life. It's like giving part of yourself to them.

I have given houses as gifts I just wish I had pictures of them all. Maybe when we move I will find them. I think it's the perfect thing to give to a person easpecially of miniatures are a big part of your own life. It's like giving part of yourself to them.

That is so true! I have made a couple of bigger projects and given away as gifts, the Bikeshop for my husband is probably one of the biggest one I had to pull of in secret and he was taken by surprise when opening it to say the least!

Hugs

The Arthur I am building now I am planning on giving my daughter for Christmas. Mind you she is 27 years old and said she would love to build or have a dh someday. She does not have time now with work and 2 little ones. I'm sure she will be surprised! She can add the furniture later. I hope to get her hooked on the hobby too. :p