Anyone know what model this is?

minikelli

Came across this on Craigslist and am seriously contemplating driving a few hours to get it. Could swear I've seen it before, but for the life of me am coming up empty on ideas as to where, or what the model name is... :doh:

3G73K13J65Ge5E25F9d2eab03e37a7b88166a.jp

• Like 1

...Could swear I've seen it before, but for the life of me am coming up empty on ideas as to where, or what the model name is... .

You'll find out from some bright bunny on here, and meanwhile, look what great lines it has! What fun to make it into something special!

It could even be Real Good Toys. I know you used to be (maybe still can) order both the gable and the tower separately. I know, because I bought the gable on eBay and the seller actually sent me the tower by mistake (I sent it back and I still have the gable). I think - not 100% sure - that RGT makes them.

• Like 1

I would have to see the other side or some measurements, but I think Jackie is right. It looks like one of the RGT shells (Montpelier or 1000 Series) with the additions. I have seen the gable/dormer addition, but it usually has a window. I have not seen the tower addition before. If the price is right -- go for it!

I was thinking very possibly the 1000 shell series by RGT, but I hadn't seen the tower addition before. Also as Greg stated the dormer addition normally would have a window. I've already e-mailed about it, and they seem to think it was scratch built -- but it seems to me it's a kit of some form or another...

It could also be a combo of kit, scratch and components.

Holly, you just gave me a peek-into-the-future moment! Can you see someone on a mini-forum, in another 20-30 years, posting pictures of some of the bashed kits made by our members? People scratching their heads :bookread: trying to figure out which kit it was, who made it, etc? Funny! :roflmao: Many of the Spring Fling Kits don't look anything like the original when they are finished.

I'm sorry - time got away from me. I promise I will look it up tonight. I will also see about that door. The door looks to be a fairly old one, at least not a door I'm familiar with.

I'm going to say that house is probably 32" long and maybe 33" to 34" to the roof.

OK, well, I'm pretty sure your dollhouse is this one by Afton. It's called the Rosehill Victorian. This is the only house I could find whose tower was not run the height of the house. Now the door is a little different, but I think that may be just an adjustment over the years by Afton. Or since the windows are definitely added to the house afterward, the door could have been too. I think the door on this house is one from Timberbrook from their Lite Line series and made to fit a 3/8" inset. The tower and dormer are also switched, but it's not inconceivable that one or the other pictures could have been swapped left for right or even more likely, the roof was simply flipped. Anyway, I apologize for not getting back to you sooner - not sure if you're going to get this or not, but I would assume the price on this house was approximately a couple hundred dollars. I found it in my 13th Miniatures Catalog sold in 1990. That's not to mean it might not be a couple years older. I don't have the 11th or 12th catalogs and even so, some miniature companies may have been in business a long while before they decided to advertise.

post-2875-0-38048700-1366507243_thumb.jp

• Like 2