Really Cool House on EBay

Charlene

Lots of museums will sell parts of their collections to make room for newer and more important pieces. I learned this on Antiques Roadshow and I dont remember what the name of it is. That is why it is being offered for so much. It is worthy of the price but they dont have any local interest. If they were nearer to me they might have had it sold at Sotheby`s in NYC. Our local museum has done that. They have a dollhouse collection too.I should call and ask if I can take pictures and go there and snap a few to show all of you...

Ooooooooooooooooohhhh. Oh my! What an incredible find! If I had the money, I wouldn't even think twice. It's truly a treasure. Not only is it beautifully preserved, but the careful detailing is just fascinating. I wish there were more close up pictures. I'd love to see more details of the chairs made from tortoiseshell combs, the Baroque cabinet and the enameled St George panels. <blissful sigh> If I were to see this house in person, I think I'd sit down in front of it and study it for hours and hours.

The dolls are just as intriguing. I'm not big on dolls, but I think I fell in love with the peg dolls.

Deb