Another Newbie..

davidsmum

completed last year (Apples Tearooms). The other three are still ongoing. Hambleton Hall (almost done), The Tenement (work in progress) and my newest acquisition - Netherton.

What are the base houses of your creations?

I tried looking up your names but didn't find them so I'm guessing they are your names, not the kit names.

Netherton sounds like such a cool name. Can't wait to see what it is.

I've checked out your galleries so far - very nice !!

Welcome to GL. You'll love it here. It's quite the cosmopolitan little family.

What are the base houses of your creations?

I tried looking up your names but didn't find them so I'm guessing they are your names, not the kit names.

Netherton sounds like such a cool name. Can't wait to see what it is.

I've checked out your galleries so far - very nice !!

Welcome to GL. You'll love it here. It's quite the cosmopolitan little family.

Selkie,

Thanks for the welcome and I'm pleased you like what I'm doing.

Apples Tearooms is a kit house from Smaller Homes and their own name (not sure if I can post links here!) I kept the name because I liked it. Hambleton Hall is also a kit house - again the trade name - from Julie Anns Dolls Houses, The Tenement is my name for this property and is made up of seven individual stacked room boxes (each with their own door). Dolls House Concepts was the supplier for that one. The largest - I've not made it to the album with that one yet - is Netherton. This is a ready built (with one or two modifications) birch ply house by Denesway Dolls Houses who unfortunately are no longer in business due to ill health.

Welcome to the forum Irene!

Love the wee kilts in your tenement blog! I'll be wearing my RL kilt to the Northeast Florida Scottish Games and Festival this Saturday. It will be a little warm for tuning in the pipes (around 84 degrees) but should be a lot of fun.

Love the wee kilts in your tenement blog! I'll be wearing my RL kilt to the Northeast Florida Scottish Games and Festival this Saturday. It will be a little warm for tuning in the pipes (around 84 degrees) but should be a lot of fun.

We're having the opposite problem here in Michigan--very wet,cold weather for our pipes. Soggy reeds=crummy tone.

I didn't realize you were a piper, too. . .

We're having the opposite problem here in Michigan--very wet,cold weather for our pipes. Soggy reeds=crummy tone.

I didn't realize you were a piper, too. . .

I'm not very good, and I don't have my own set yet. I should probably just stick to building houses. . .:p

Thank you Jeremy.

The kilts were made for another project but seemed to fit in quite nicely on that blog. I hope you enjoy the Games on Saturday and it's nice to hear that you play the pipes. They always make me feel very patriotic when I hear them at the Tatoo!

Apples Tearooms is a kit house from Smaller Homes and their own name (not sure if I can post links here!) I kept the name because I liked it. Hambleton Hall is also a kit house - again the trade name - from Julie Anns Dolls Houses, The Tenement is my name for this property and is made up of seven individual stacked room boxes (each with their own door). Dolls House Concepts was the supplier for that one. The largest - I've not made it to the album with that one yet - is Netherton. This is a ready built (with one or two modifications) birch ply house by Denesway Dolls Houses who unfortunately are no longer in business due to ill health.

Thanks so much for the details.

I love observing how people's creativity emerges from a basic generic "kit" to a stunning masterpiece.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work. It's lovely.