newberg instructions needed...

chatrbug

wonder if we bought from the same person!!!

ive tried sending messages to those who have it for sale on ebay, but noone is willing to help me out..i was even willing to pay for the postage and the paper..but no luck.

i have experience with putting together dollhouses...as a teenager i put 3 together... but its been 12 yrs since i have put one together..and i really rather not try to remember from memory.

Hi Chatrbug

I've got the instructions for the Newburg. I actually have two of these kits but being used - only one of them had the instructions still in the box and I'll need them to assemble mine, so I can't send you the instruction booklet - but I can scan them and either email you the instructions or print them out and send them to you via snail mail. The great thing about these instructions is they're standard 8 1/2 x11 size so they'll be easy to scan for you. :)

PM me and I'll get these scanned and sent out to you

-David :p

not yet..i didnt want to get my hopes up that iwould get it done since i didnt have the instructions..guess now i can start thinking about it!

:D You can do more than start thinking about it - you can plan on it! Without these great folks on this forum I wouldn't have done half the things I have with minis. You know it took me a whole year to get up the courage to try working on a house? Before that I was just making things to inside one and didn't have anything to put them in :p I think these people can talk a person through Anything in miniature. Before you know it you and your daughter will have a beautiful house!

- David :D

See, I told Ya someone would have them here for you! Thanks so much David for helping our new member & her daughter! Please post pictures too as you build!!

No problem Tracy :D Glad I had a copy. I could have answered a little sooner but you know how organizationally challenged I am :D I wanted to make sure I had them In my hand before I made the offer - the last time I went looking for plans they had gone Awol and they still haven't turned up :) Thankfully these were right where I left them (probably the other ones are too.. I just have no idea where I may have left them :p )

-David :D

No problem Holly,

And that's a great idea!! I had the Lafeyette instructions and those are the ones that went AWOL :p I felt so bad when someone needed them and I Knew I had them.. but couldn't find them and the darn thing is I Still cant find them... what the heck could have happened to them. I envision finding some dust covered chest 40 years from now packed full of heirlooms.. and the Laffeyette instructions :(

PM me your addy and I'll get those off in the mail

-David :o

• 3 weeks later...

I just joined today and I noticed you were looking for directions for the LaFayette? If you still need them, I can scan them and email them to you. Just let me know.

• 1 month later...

I'm glad someone had the instructions for the Newberg for you. I am actually building the Newberg right now! It is very similar to the Linfield I built a few weeks ago, also by Dura Craft. It goes together really nicely. One piece of advice...the instructions tell you to glue some corner posts on and then, after the glue dries, to cut the tops off at the same angle as the gable they are attached to. So much easier if you dry fit the piece, draw a pencil line for the cut, make the cut and then glue it on! I also found it easier to install all the universal trim at the bottom of the walls and the tops of the walls on each floor before you install the floor above it. Also, if you're going to put in tape wire after it's built, make paper templates of all the walls, floors and ceilings before you put it together...makes it easier to make those wall pieces out of tag board that you attach over the tape with double stick tape (if you choose to go that route). Good luck and have fun! I think it turns out really cute!

cutting the corner post first. I did not and it was very difficult

Yeah, I learned THAT one on the San Franciscan. When I die I know I shall see that dh in Heaven, because I so thoroughly blessed it whilst building it here on Earth!!!