I'm desparately looking for a white wire, metal armchair

tilliejam62

I'm desperately trying to find one of those metal , white wire (wicker look) armchairs or rocking chair I need to complete a project. I have searched two favorite retailers, Dollshouse Junction and Miniature.com (Hobby Builders) and neither of them carry it anymore.

If some one know where I might find one of these chairs, please let me know. My personal email address:

]

Im working on a baby girl nursey shadow box as a gift and need the chair to match the white wire shelf a already have. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

post-12406-0-86140000-1332476922.jpg

post-12406-0-10040100-1332476944_thumb.j

post-12406-0-31122300-1332476954_thumb.j

Hi, Tillie. I'm not sure which one you're looking for since there are three in your first message. There is one like the one in the middle on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magzine-Rocker-Wire-Dollhouse-Miniature-Furniture-rocking-chair-vintage-New-/260946312599

There's a much less expensive one in black that you could spray paint white: http://www.ebay.com/itm/miniature-black-wire-wicker-rocking-chair-/110847527680

I've seen that last one on ebay before, too.

You should remove your email address from this post since this is a public forum. Members can send you a personal message through the forum.

Good luck with your search, Tillie. This is a very public forum, anyone can see the info posted here and all sorts of spammers and webbots will grab your personal information (email, etc) and wreak havoc with it, so PLEASE remove it from your post (you ought to have an "edit" button at the lower right of your post; if not, contact a moderator ASAP to help you).

Thanks so much everyone for your kind responses. A friend told me about some chairs on Ebay also. I don't know why I never thought to go there to look in the first place. I found a nice chair there and purchased it (BUY NOW) as opposed to bidding and shipping is free.

White wire metal furniture and other items seem to have skyrocketed in prices. I remember a few years ago I purchased many of them at one of those super drugstore chains, CVS for only $2.00 a piece and some for $1.00 a piece. That photo I posted in my initial post is a patio set sold by Dollhouse Junction; they to do sell them anymore because the manufacturers increased their prices so high that the store refuses to carry the product anymore because they felt that nobody would want to pay the astronomical price they would have to charge their customers. They initially were selling that complete 4 piece set for $23.00 but would have to up that price to $75.00.

Some of our wicker-making members turned me onto Sheila Smith's Making 1/12 Scale Wicker Furniture for the Dolls' House and I made a table and chairs for Maggie's kitchen and a simple little toybox for the children's room: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&image=21334 . Some of our members make GORGEOUS wicker items!