Hello

JohnC

post-923-1157347284_thumb.jpg post-923-1157347204_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone, I found this website about a week ago, while looking into getting a dollhouse for my friends daughter for her birthday. I never realized that there was a whole miniature community. I looked into the typical plastic dollhouses that are strickly for playing with... then I thought it would be a better idea to get a miniature so that both mom and daughter could actually spend time together decorating it. Now I am not sure if this project will be utlimately for daughter, or mother. I found a dollhouse I have seen nothing about on any webiste on Craiglist.com. It needs to be redone, but it looks like a Pierce, only backwards.... meaning the tower is on the opposite side.

I have bought a Greeenleaf Garfield kit that I will be putting together for my own decorating pleasure. I dont know how many guys do this, but I like working with wood. I refinish antique furniture in my spare time, so I think I will have a blast learning the ropes here and hopefully making my own mini furniture at some point. I look foward to meeting all of you, your guides and advice has been very informative.

john

PS. this is a picture of the house I bought that needs to be redone, anyone know anything about the design and or maker? This will be for Piper and her mother when it is completed.

Hi

Welcome to the forum!

your house does look ike the Peirce

perhaps it is an older version and that is why it is a bit different.

how nice of you to do this for your friend and her daughter.

I build for the mommas and decorate bedrooms for the girls.

always try for a nice elegant living room for momma and something fun for the girls

Im glad you found us

I hope you will post photos of your progress.

and there are a few guys here who like to build "'miniature structures" :D

so jump right in!

nutti :blink:

Hi John,

Welcome to the neighborhood and don't worry you're not alone :D There are lots of guys making miniatures these days! I the gals still outnumber us but would we want it any other way? :p I find I really enjoy making miniatures - it's relaxing and it's fun - who could ask for more? The house you have there sure is a beauty! I wish I could tell you what it is but I betcha someone here will have the answer. I'd love to see what the inside looks like. I think you'll really have fun restoring it. :)

-David :p

John -

Welcome to the forum. That's a beautiful house that you've bought to renovate. Can you show some pictures of the interior?

We have a lot of fun on this site building our houses and sharing stories. There's a lot of collective information here (that sounds kind of like ... what are those star trek characters ... borgs or something like that? I only catch this show sometimes if I'm ironing and turn on the TV to entertain me.)

-Susanne

Welcome to the Forum John!! Isn't Craigslist a PERFECT place to find dollhouses? I found one I had to have and it was only $45 it was a Thomas Picoani (I know I spelled his name wrong) it is resin and they sell for so much more. I love to browse and look for miniatures there.

Welcome to the forum John! It does look like a Pierce, but with the tower on the opposite side. Can you show some interior pictures? It may have been an earlier model, or it may have been an Arrow house which resembles the Pierce.

It does look like a Pierce, but with the tower on the opposite side. Can you show some interior pictures? It may have been an earlier model

Possibly an Annabelle? I've not researched the Annabelle enough to know the subtle differences between it and the later Pierce. Actually, the more I look at it, the more I think it might be that someone just bashed the Pierce and reversed the walls. I'd love to see interior pictures as well.

Welcome to the forum John. It's nice to have you join us!

Deb

Welcome John. Maybe you can help me? I went to www.craiglist.com and all I found was a p*** site. (Oh, won't let me type it, but I think you can imagine what I mean) I'm wondering what the actual address might be?

I think you have a gem of a dollhouse there and how nice of you to restore it for mother and daughter.

Wendy

I will post interior pics when i get a chance to take pics of them. I was thinking it was an "altered" Peirce aswell.... way too many similiarities.

Its, www.craigslist.com I spelled it wrong on my eralier post.... sorry.