I'm so proud of him.

Annette

I had to share this with all of you. I wanted to try to make a spiral staircase for my harrison so I went and got some directions that someone had put up a link to here on the forum, unfortunately they were in german so I just used the pictures as templates for the steps. Then I got a bag of mini dowels and some beads, I tried but it just didn't work for me. Then last night Greg (DH) was downstairs trying to find something to do, he seen my failed attempt and sat down and started messing with it. An hour and a half later he calls me to come look and this is what I was presented with

I was stunned to tears. He then asked what color I wanted it to be and when the glued dried he would paint it. This is now my new staircase for the second to third floor all it needs now is a railing that will be an old necklace chain that I had.

I'm so proud of him for doing this :D and it also shows me that he does care about my dollhouses :blink: .

What a great hubby you have! Don't 'ya love it when they participate!! I do!! He did a fantastic job. I can't wait to see it installed in your Harrison!

I guess I'm not building fast enough for Brian to shingle because he bought himself a plane to build. I think I'm rubbing off on him!! :blink:

<giggling> Some women are push-overs for wine and roses. We're a different breed. We'll all get weak in the knees for a guy who'll help build a mini staircase. :blink:

And he did a great job too!!

Deb

That is sooo great! I am a sucker for things other women would thing were stupid. Flowers are nice but a clean kitchen makes my heart melt.

Okay, where are those instructions? You can change the language on your browser. Sometimes there is a left click option to change it.

Or the whole page can be interpreted with a site like AltaVista.

I need stairs for the Booze room in my MHM!

Edit: Here is the link.

I will see if I can change the language. Okay I give up!!!! LOL I tried babelfish.com and other sites to translate this from Dutch to English and it didnt work. If anyone else can figure it out, let the rest of us know...:blink:

I'm so proud of him for doing this :p and it also shows me that he does care about my dollhouses :) .

they do care don't they (DH's) they just don't like to show it very openly, in nice little things like this and the odd compliment.

they do put up with a lot don't they but they are lovley our DH's aren't they

Thank you all, Greg really enjoyed hearing all your respones also and he said he would be happy to write down what he did for me to post for you all to try. He also was looking at my garfield addition and said that I was probably going to need help with the roof to get it to look like the original and he would help install the staircase in the harrison when the time comes. I think he's hooked and I'm going to have alot of help from now on :) .