poppill

Hi All

As I am a new member I was wondering if there are any other Australians who use this forum. Although most items are American I am still learning about the type of dollhouses kits and products you are using. From what I have read I have picked up a couple of useful tips which I appreciate.

Currently I am building a 3 storey 12 room Colonial dollhouse with working lights and windows. This project has be one the go for about 4 years as I had to interrupt this project to build 2 other dollhouses for my granddaughters. Once my colonial house is finish I hope it will be handed down in the family as it will have miniature picture of each of our children and grandchildren and as each new grandchild comes to being their photo will be adde

My next project is a tudor house and I would be interested to hear of other peoples experiences and some handy tips. This project is not going to be kit but built froma plan.

Thanks for reading and hope to hear from this new little community.

Poppill

post-12934-0-43287000-1325498490_thumb.j

Welcome to the little family, Phil, it would be nice if there were some way to look up members by country, because we have several members from your part of the world. I have used 1/4" stripwood for half-timbering and cut 1/4" basswood on a scrollsaw for curved strips. The Glencroft I built as a pub came with its own "half timbering" plywood parts. I used spackling compound (polyfilla) for the upper storey as well as for plastering the interior, and I made "bricks" from sandpaper (glass paper) for the lower one:

gallery_8_151_53121.jpg

it would be nice if there were some way to look up members by country,

There is, Holly. Go to Members, click on Use Advanced Filters link. Scroll down the page to the Countries box and choose the country. Click on Apply Filters

There are three pages of members from Australia, although most indicate they posted once or not at all and then disappeared.

WELCOME to the Greenleafmini-family, Poppill – so glad you joined us! Your house is beautiful! We have a lot of members here from all parts of the world, and who have all sorts of different styles of building. Free free to ask any questions - we love to share news, pictures, and ideas on all things miniature! :gathering:

G'day, Poppill - or phill - welcome to the forum! :hiya:

That's going to be one very special family heirloom! We love our eye-candy, and would appreciate seeing any photos you may have of your Colonial dollhouse, and the two dollhouses that you made for your grandchildren. (When you've made 5 posts, you can open an album here.)