Display Question

uppitycats

My Garfield is nearing completion. Right now, while I'm working on it, I have it on a low table with a smooth surface, making it easy for me to turn it around as I work on a side, or inside (I use a wheelchair -- for me, walking around it isn't an option.)

How do you all display your finished and decorated house, so that folks can see the outsides? Or do you even bother to do that? Seems like after you've gone to such great lengths to make the closed side of the house attractive, you'd want folks to see that, too.

I know the Garfield is one of the biggest houses...I see these 12 inch lazy susans available. Are they big enough (with plywood sheeting) to be able to balance the Garfield sufficiently?

Or do you have other ideas?

I have a MHM and I dont know if it is bigger than a Garf or not but I am having the same problem. What the heck am I going to display her on? It has to have a turntable because she is too big to turn if someone wants to play with her...

I guess I could find a good table at a yard sale or flea market and have a turntable made for the top.

With a really large house, turning the display is a real problem. My colonial is MDF and quite heavy as well as large (30" high x 30" wide) , so it's on a converted yard sale coffee table and DH installed large casters into the legs. The table can be easily turned for viewing. Other than a large turntable, I found it to be the easiest solution. My house is wide with two wings, so the coffee table was the solution, but for a house that's higher than it is wide a square table would work.

Because of the layout of my house the kitchen and living room kind of... merge each has it's own space but there's no separating wall - so I've put a table behind my sofa and have a house on that - you can see the front from the kitchen and the inside from the living room :blink: The only thing is the house isn't finished yet - it's still waiting it's turn on the list, but it's the house I want to turn into my captain's house.

-David

I hope you get this figured out!

I await your plans to see how it goes

your question is one I ask myself all the time.

I have the Glencroft on a Microwave cart

but when turning it things get jostled....dont like to see my goodies on the floor B)

nutti :blink:

hMM, this thread has set me thinking how I am going to turn a VERY LARGe project I have planned for the future. Well half of it has been statrted. I think maybe having a table in the middle or sticking out from a wall with the narrow side there. would be the best way to display it. The way I figgure it will be at least 6 feet long and probally 3 feet wide. Darrell still thinkis I am insane, but I told him it will be our showcase house. IN case curiosity has you It will be 2 garfields put together in 2 pieces to make one large house. I plan on adding tons of stuff including one of those cute working doorbells. it will probally take me years, and more money then I care to think about at this time to finish it. But it will make a lovely bed and breakfast.

For a house the size of the Beacon Hill a turntable would work just fine

Melissa

I bought a dresser to set my Beacon Hill on and it's worked okay except that it's hard to turn it around. So, we are moving the dresser behind the sofa, to act as a sofa table, and setting the Beacon Hill on that. You will be able to view it from the front as you enter the living room and then just walk around the sofa to view the back. I'm going to leave about 2 feet clearance for that purpose.

Oh I tried to post some pictures, but I've run out of global space! Help!! I'll post them in my Beacon Hill Gallery.