I-Magazine For Free

Minis On The Edge

You can download the UK Dolls House World Magazine for free This Month or just read it online in PDF version. I here you will soon be able to get a subscription to this magazine and American Miniaturist online in PDF format soon.

Click here to view Dolls House World I-Magazine

Sounds like a neat idea.. but I hope they find an easier way to make it viewable. Or maybe it's something with my server but it took me 5 tries to get the page to load - kept getting an error message and I can't find the PDF version - when ever I click on it I get the same error message

"Server Error in '/' Application.

Input string was not in a correct format. "

Not sure what that means <?> I don't think I'll ever give up the print version of American Miniaturist.. but since it's so hard and Expensive to get Dolls House World in the U.S. a I-magazine would be a great option!

-David

Sorry you are having problems veiwing it David!

I feel the same way you do regarding the magazines. I gotta have my own hard copy of AM but DHW, I may subscribe to the I-Mag since they cost so much.

I LOVE DHW magazine!

I know what you mean Tracy. I only have a couple of older back issues of DHW but Wow! I wish I could find more of them. And you know it could just be my internet provider - normally cable is fairly quick but some days it just drags like dial-up. I've noticed this afternoon it's really slow so that could be why the site wasn't wanting to load for me properly - I'll try again tomorrow :D Looking forward to really checking out the I-magazine from front to back :D

-David

Its a good idea, but after browsing it online I found it difficult to really READ and view the pictures. You can zoom the view, but I thknk I stare at my computer screen enough all day long. I like to hold my magazines and dog ear pages that interest me. I do agree that the subscription price for hard copy is high. I do not subscribe to asny of the DH mags. Just try to find them online at a good price for used ones. :D

But thank you for the links. they were interesting to peruse.

I like to hold my magazines and dog ear pages that interest me.

That's what keep me hooked on buying t hem. I LOVE to feel my mags and the things I thought 4 years ago I would NEVER be able to do, I find 4 years later that I have the courage to attepmt it and having the hard copy here is what inspires me to try because I found some of my old magazines 2 months ago and was so excited to see projects in there that I now feel I can try :D

If it was a file on the computer, well, I have had 2 computers in the past 4 years and one of them I had a enitre new hard drive put in so I feel I would lose the wonderful tutorials if I had the magazines only on my computer drive. I may try it for DHW depending on the price of the online version :D

Thanks for these websites, Tracy. Believe it or not, my Firefox couldn't open them but my Safari did, and it looked so good! But I agree, having the magazine in hand is 100% better than online...there's an immediacy that the online images don't have, for some reason.

Got to agree with liking a printed magazine - there's something about being able to really get comfortable get a cup of hot tea or coffee and just relax and read a magazine but I just don't know if I'll ever be able to convince myself to spend nearly a hundred dollars on a magazine subscription :D So the I-magazine might be a good way for me to still be able to see them.. if the price is right. About storing them on the hard drive I have to ask if anyone else has tried using a flash drive. I've got 2 of them and I love them. They are real small, could fit on a key chain and they just plug into one of the small slots on the computer (I forget what they're called) and depending on the size you can store up to a gig of info on them. They're really nice for storing things I don't want to lose or pictures I want to carry with me to show someone on their computer - just plug it in and they can veiw all your dollhouses without having to carry an album :D It's very cool and I don't worry about losing the info.. as long as I don't lose the little flash drive that is :lol:

-David

Thanks for the links Tracy! It's cool to be able to look at them and THEN decide if I want to buy or not. I'm running out tomorrow to buy the Dollshouse World Magazine . . . . there's some fantastic garden stuff in there!! :D

I have to ask if anyone else has tried using a flash drive. I've got 2 of them and I love them. -David

Love 'em!! They're the greatest invention since clumping kitty litter. Ain't technology wonderful!

Thanks for the link to the i-Mags Tracy. I prefer hard copy too, but the online version is pretty cool.

Deb

Thanks for the links, Tracy. Would love to suscribe to DHW but it's soooo expensive maybe the I version will be cheaper. Used to buy it at Borders in the DC area (no Borders here, darn it) but I have know idea if they still carry it. And one of the dollhouse shops I frequented carried it too. It's really hard to find, tho'.

I can't download them either. :D

I found that I can download the pdf.. but not from the button at the top of the page that just gives me an error message. Not sure if this will work for you but here's the only way I've found I can do it.

I click on "Thumbnails" so I can find the pages I'm interrested in (not really interrested in pages of advertizements) then I click on the page I want. Two pages will load - Move the mouse over one of them and click to zoom in (you won't be able to see the entire page once it loads large) Beneath the page click on "Save PDF" It will open a new page through PDF that has the same page you were just looking at. Now, at the top of the new page click on "Save a copy" The computer may ask where you want to save it to but that's it - you just saved a copy of the page.. but be sure you save Each page. Just because 2 pages show doesn't mean both get saved only one does. so then go back click on the other side of the 2 page spread and repeat the process if you want to save the entire article you have to do this with each page. It's a bit of a pain but I have to admit I think it's worth it for some of the patterns - like that Tricorn hat.

Hope this helps some,

David

Tracy, bummer, B & N doesn't carry them anymore. Oh well, guess I'm looking for another source!!

If you order it direct from ashdown it is still just the cover price and no extra shipping ;)

I am glad you all like the links too.

• 2 weeks later...

Tracy, I was able to order the August issue directly from Ashdown USA! It cost me $7.99 but will be worth every penny because it has so much great gardening stuff in it. I especially like the 'common garden' as I am thinking of doing it when I link my three houses together (The Beacon Hill, Willowcrest and The Pierce). They'll be back-to-back sharing the garden. It'll probably happen when I'm 99, but hey, a girl's gotta have a dream!! :blink: