Is it just me...

Anya

or is the mini furniture that is made in China really that bad?

I got stabbed by a flying pin that came out of a mini cupboard door today. :blink: Then the whole cupboard fell to pieces :lol: ;) .

Anyway I thought that it was just a one off until the door knobs came off a dresser that I bought too! ;)

Do be careful, everyone. Possessed furniture is not easy to live with in any scale :blink:

Unfortunately, my experience with the Chinese minis has not been good -- very shoddy stuff in my opinion.

Never had any 'real' stuff from China -- kinda stick with the N.C. manufacturers -- but hopefully the big stuff is more civilized ;)

Do be careful, everyone. Possessed furniture is not easy to live with in any scale :blink:

Unfortunately, my experience with the Chinese minis has not been good -- very shoddy stuff in my opinion.

Never had any 'real' stuff from China -- kinda stick with the N.C. manufacturers -- but hopefully the big stuff is more civilized ;)

Charlene

Did you ever go to High Point, N.C. to purchase furniture? Did you feel the prices were reasonable? I am looking into Thomasville furniture pieces to replace what I already have. The quality was excellant and I have this furniture for many years.

Charlene

Did you ever go to High Point, N.C. to purchase furniture?

Not gone directly to NC 'cause I hate traveling. Thomasville is fairly good quality and is available almost everywhere. Apparently it is a lot cheaper if you go directly there, but I don't really have any personal experience there ;)

I heard that the prices are great. A wife of my hubby`s friend went and bought a diningroom table and chairs for much cheaper then what the stores here wanted for the same set.

But you have to claim it and pay taxes in your own state. There was a big thing about that back a couple years ago. I dont remember what she paid but she saw a set in a store here, took down the model numbers and went down south and got a pretty good discounted price!

As for possessed mini furniture....all I can say is : It aint October yet!

I'll have to agree with you..

My days with the made in china gang are over. No more possessed furniture for me (and it's not even Hallowe'en yet). They sell such garbage and flood the market with it. I hope their products will haunt them forever. Hehehe

Anya -- The difficulty with boycotting Made in China minis is that most dollhouse furniture is made there! Not just the dollar store stuff and the furniture sold as Town Square, but I'm told that even Bespaq comes from factories in China.

Charlene

Did you ever go to High Point, N.C. to purchase furniture? Did you feel the prices were reasonable? I am looking into Thomasville furniture pieces to replace what I already have. The quality was excellant and I have this furniture for many years.

Hi Charlene

I purchased most of the furniture in my "regular" house from High Point in a place called Furnitureland South. I love that store!! It is the equivilant of a Home Depot only filled with great furniture and yes the prices are great. Just picture three floors of really nice stuff. The shipping is based on how much you buy (%) The more you spent the less the % of shipping you pay. I live in NJ and my husband and I went down in a weekend and got a dining room set, kitchen set, family room set, a bed for my daughter and some small pieces for my living room. I would recommend it.

Anya -- The difficulty with boycotting Made in China minis is that most dollhouse furniture is made there! Not just the dollar store stuff and the furniture sold as Town Square, but I'm told that even Bespaq comes from factories in China.

:D Really?

Oh dear I will have to be extra careful then.

Some of their mini furniture is poorly finished. but it's cheap enough to be worth refinishing. I have seen some beautiful (and amazing) creations that began life as pretty shoddy merchandise! Having said that, I would like to point out that you get what you pay for - there is also exquisitely made artisan quality miniature furniture made in China. (For people with deeper pockets than I have. :) ) I think that the same can be said of their full-size furniture.

Have you heard of the Glenowen range of furniture? I have quite a few pieces of theirs and I find it good and affordable....I'm not quite sure where it is made but it is good quality.

Kath x

Oh yes I have heard of them. They sell nice stuff too but I don't have deep pockets either (going back to what Jackie was saying :() and some of their stuff is quite expensive, especially the stuff I want :) .

I've started making my own furniture now though which I find fun. I made my BH kitchen from parts of made in china furniture and the scraps from my Beacon Hill so I guess the good old 'made in China' crew had some uses afterall. :)