Medieval/Gothic/Renaissance Swap Sign-up

LPCullen

Since we've had so much medieval/gothic/renaissance interest on the forum, both in the swaps area and in the other areas, Cat and I decided to make October's swap be just that.

Please post here if you want to join. The deadlines and other pertinent information are here: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...?showtopic=2893

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we've had so much medieval/gothic/renaissance interest on the forum, both in the swaps area and in the other areas, Cat and I decided to make October's swap be just that.

well of course you did :p

I wanna play toooo but October is nooo time for me to be involved in a swap.

and I need the goodies!

oh well I look forward to seeing all that is made.

so much talent on this board!

nutti :lol:

Hmm, I've never done a swap before. I read the guidelines and I think maybe I'd like to try it out. I'm nervous though, since I've never done it before.

So if I get this right, each person makes one item to swap with someone else, but everyone has to make the same item? Then we ship the item to the Hub with $5.00 by the deadline date? Please please please correct me if I'm wrong. :lol: Okay, so on this swap we each make 2 items?

Okay, umm....please sign me up. I will try this for my first swap. :p

I'd like to join in but there's so much going on with adoption plans, travel plans, et cetera. Plus, I was rather hoping for the bakery/candy theme. Maybe next time? :lol:

Brenda, you will actually end up making more than two items. If there are only two people that's great, but more than likely there will be at least 12-15 people, so that means you'll be making 12-15 of the same item and you'll get 12-15 different items back. Good luck and have fun!!

Here are a few ideas to get you started with:

torches

dragons

dragon eggs

banners

fireplaces

books

furnitue

Instruments

Here's a tutorial for a lute

Architecture details like Gothic windows

Shields

swords

food

Medieval decor link

I'll add more ideas later

:lol:

Here are a few ideas to get you started with:

Medieval decor link

I'll add more ideas later

:p

Thanks for the link Tracy :D I was just about to surf around and see what was up with medieval interior design so that'll will save me a bit of time. Did think of an idea -- see if I can pull it off. ('Course I REALLY have to finish the haunt first :D )

So if I get this right, each person makes one item to swap with someone else, but everyone has to make the same item? Then we ship the item to the Hub with $5.00 by the deadline date? Please please please correct me if I'm wrong. :lol: Okay, so on this swap we each make 2 items?

Okay, umm....please sign me up. I will try this for my first swap. ;)

Brenda -- You've got the general idea. The final participant number will be posted when the sign up deadline passes and then you'll know exactly how many to make; so if we have 10 swappers you'll make an 10 identical items to send to hub. You'll get an item back from each of the other swappers. It's like mini Christmas :(

:p Happy Dance -- Have a project in mind and have already ordered the supplies!!!! Y'all will be the recipients of my first effort at this and I'm really excited about it. Now, back to my Haunted project -- don't worry, it's coming right along :lol: