Garfield Masterbedroom - finally complete

JaimieMarvon

I don't know why, but it did. I guess it was difficult to find the proper wallpaper. I wanted each room to look different. I had found some great small pattered shelf liner atthe dollar store to use as wallpaper last week, but the patterns were too much to use right next door to the bathroom that has a very zippy pattern itself! LOL.

I don't know where I got my inspiration for this room, but it just popped into my head that this is the way it should be done. You can see the pics in my gallery here: (3 pics)

my gallery pics Or on my photo hosting site dotPhoto here. (more pics)

Jaimie

Coming along very nicely. I love that color you picked out. I agree that wall in the MB needs to be cut otherwise you can't see the other side of the house.

Looking really nice!

I just eliminated the wall across the staircase entirely...and made little posts to match the others and extended the staircase. Otherwise how the heck do you see into that room??!! :lol: I think in TV land they call it the "fourth wall" -- where the audience is, or through the tube into our living room. :p

I'm nagging my husband to finish the roof flashing today, so I can get to shingeling...

Jaimie it looks great, you picked a wonderful wallpaper. :D

Picking the right wallpaper is the hardest part for me, I get a color in my head then find the perfect furniture to match that color but then I just can't seem to find the right paper, my DH says I'm just to picky :lol: . You have to be picky to get the look and feel that you want in a room :p .

Thank you everyone. The paper is "mulberry paper" (I think that's what it is called). Its like little fibers all together to make the flat sheet. I kind of wallpapered like paper mache! LOL Might have been easier if I had used spray adhesive instead! Live and learn.

I had a stack of several different colors and tested them one at at time. I put one color in and walk away. Then when I cam back I acted on my initial reaction of the color with the overall of the whole house. I had a redish color that I really loved... until I saw it in the room and realized how dark it made it look when the rest of the house isn't dark. Green is a color I NEVER pick for anything so I think decorating that room may be a challenge. :lol:

My favorite part is the thick band of darker green raill that goes around the whole room. Supposed to make the room feel taller. Kind of ironic in a miniature house, don't 'cha think? :p

I hadn't seen the "relaxing" look of the room, but now that you have all said that I have to completely re-think the master bedroom. The way I had planned how the "theme" would be will have to be very different. I'll have to find a few inspiration rooms and see if I can get a more realxing thmede room for the parents of the house. Kind of like what Ty does on Extreme Home. Remember: These parents have 4 kids! A teenage daughter, 6 yr old twins boy & girl, and a young baby boy. Mom is tired and Dad is good provider! they need that Special room like Ty makes! Ha ha ha !!!

I started to put the house back together tonight. Its time to put the furniture in again and re-think where everything is going so I can find my next project amd keep moving along. I need a new "muse"/inspriation.