Other places to buy furniture for your dh.

heidiiiii

I am wasting time this Sunday perusing in Ebay. I found a dh that was really nice but what really caught my eye is that the person said they bought their furniture at Smithsonian catalog and Winterthur catalog.

They dont have many things in either one but I just wanted to add these to places you can purchase minis for your dh.

Oh! Here is the link to the house.

You can also request catalogs from both to be sent to your home!

• 1 month later...

It was actually the sewing room offered in the Smithsonian catalog that started me building a dollhouse. I fell in love with the cabinet full of sewing goods, and the working treadle machine (well, the wheel goes around and back and forth...don't think the machine actually sews, though!)

Anyway..the sewing room was enchanting (came with an ironing board, and patterns, iron, all of it)...

but then I had to build a house to hold it! ;)

I usually wait for the Smithsonian or Winterthur stuff to go on sale..not all that often, but occasionally, usually after Christmas, for example.

I've seen some of the components elsewhere, but not the whole scene. One could make a room box for the sewing room. Maybe if I'd known that roomboxes existed, I would have gone that route!

I've seen some miniatures in the Jackson & Perkins Roses Christmas catalog for the past several years. They've been showing one or two room settings each year.

They don't have any on their website as of yet, but there's a chance they may have something in a few weeks.

... Maybe if I'd known that roomboxes existed, I would have gone that route!

Well, I went the other way around so to speak as it was my PIL's gift to me when I turned 18 which was a blank roombox and a box of goodies to make a kitchen in that realy got me in mini geear eventhough I have more or less always been fiddling with minis in one way or another building smalls cenes and dioramas. SO when I "discovered" there were dollshouses out there that looked like real houses and not the pink plastic ones I were definitley hooed for good...

Hugs