I just ordered Arthur

Yvonne

and the village from a craft club. How easy is Arthur to put together and will I need to buy anything like tools etc? I have seen some Arthur pics on here and they all look awesome. I only have one dh and it wasn't a kit so i'm not to sure what to expect with Arthur or the village. Also I wanted to know what size is the village? Many thanks.

There's a blog on the Arthur construction that might help you out -- lot's of help there. It's a tab & slot construction, so you'll need glue and some sandpaper. :o The village is 1/4 scale and several members were doing it recently (should appear in the particular house Greenleaf dollhouse forum) or just do a search for Greenleaf Village and you should come up with the threads.

As the blog will tell you, I did a substantial part of the construction of my Arthur on a hotel counter, armed only with a bottle of tacky glue and a $2 craft knife. That's really all you need to do the basic house.

the Arthur was our first team build. it took me about 2 weeks to build and shingle it and decorate.

but for the finishing touches on the kitchen it was ready for play.

I loved that house. its a great first kit, good for small kids to play with and looks nice on display!

as fot the village...I have not done this one but I think if I ever get the oppertunity mine will have to be a Haunted village.

Im looking forward to seeing your photos and hearing about your mini adventures!

nutti :o

The owner's nephew (age 3) laid unholy hands on it and I was able to restore it with a touch of woodglue.

RFLMBO!!! Ray doesn't refer to tiny children's hands as unholy, but he does call them "sticky little fingers".

-Susanne

The village is 1/4 scale and several members were doing it recently

This is probably really obvious and redundant but I thought I should clarify anyway the Village is in 1/4 inch or 1:48 scale. I have seen 1/4 scale buildings and they're Big! (1/4 of full size) so, like I said it's probably redundant of me but thought I'd add this.

-David

This is probably really obvious and redundant but I thought I should clarify anyway the Village is in 1/4 inch or 1:48 scale. I have seen 1/4 scale buildings and they're Big! (1/4 of full size) so, like I said it's probably redundant of me but thought I'd add this.

-David

:o Thought of that after I posted -- should have said 1:48 -- don't want to confuse anyone...Y'know, a 1/4 house could be fun....just joking :lol:

The Arthur was a very quick build and everyone was surprised at how fast they were able to put it together. When I was working away from home this one was my FVAORITE build cause I could do it in a weekend and have it ready to sell. Here is the link to the Arthur Blogs? .

I could do it in a weekend and have it ready to sell.

The Orchid is building nearly that quickly! The Arthur is a sweet little house, if you're building it for a VERY young child I'd leave off the roof finials & possibly the peak trim until they're older.

Thanks, the owner has replaced them with more standard-looking fixtures,

Say it ain't so!! :lol: They were wonderful -- it's like re-drawing Rembrandt! At least you're getting your revenge :D

Teach her to mess with my seashells!

That's right Holly! I always ask my customers to send me pictures of how they decorate the houses I made for them. Only a few of them ever really send pictures though but a couple of times.

Thanks, the owner has replaced them with more standard-looking fixtures, but I fixed her little red wagon, I made more for her McKinley! Teach her to mess with my seashells!

Shame on her. :D Did she at least give them back to you so you can use them in another house?

She let the niece who was originally going to get the Arthur play with it, and the nephew, who is 3, laid unholy hands upon the house. The lavatory survived & she has it in a safe place, and the bathtub is still intact. So far I only had to reglue ont of the roof finials, but there's a damaged shingle.

She watched me build the Orchid while I'm here & commentede about why I was reinforcing the seams with the heavy-duty staples & I trotted her over to her Arthur and said that's why it wasn't any more damaged than it was (she reglued the window that got poked out herself). I told her that if she wanted the house to be played with she needed to establish rules for all the children that if the house was broken they wouldn't have it to play with any more, and if it was going to be HER house, she needed to decide how much rebuilding she wants to do. When she compared the present state of repair to the new McKinley she just received, I had the distinct feeling I won't have to make any further repairs.

and the nephew, who is 3, laid unholy hands upon the house.

I know about those unholy hands of 3 year olds. DH is constantly after DGS to leave the Lily alone. I have to hid the "little George" dog or he will walk off with it in his pocket. And this past weekend I found my pool table had been moved from its usual place to the Lily's front yard. The little rascal got into it while I was on bathroom break :lol: :D Can't just blame him though, found my only male dancer residing in the Lily where DGD had moved him out of the studio and the other dancers are being punished she said and had been sent to the office and off of the dance floor. (Not my instructor, when GK are going to be around she gets put up on a very high shelf out of their site--unholy seats would be red if they messed with her) :lol:

I know about those unholy hands of 3 year olds.

At what age do they stop being unholy :lol: It's funny, my girls were telling there friends they had over to please be careful with there items because there friends made them when they were in a swap :D There friend just looked at them and asked them why would they want to be in a swamp :lol:

I think my girls are mini folk now for sure

I think my girls are mini folk now for sure

and just how could they be anything but?

living with your talent and eye for detail...its bound to rub off!

miss pixie spent her last visit bringing me items off of the Granville....to hard not to smile as she is learning to talk and was naming or asking the name of everything she brought me....and the cutest thing is when she

"knocks" on the mini doors. "knock--knock" she says.

its just tooo cute!

nutti :lol: