Pics of my VT Farmhouse progress

Just One More

I just added some pics to my gallery of this house. It's turning out pretty nice even with all the porch problems. I like how the trim came out. The shutters are just stuck on with poster putty. I may just keep them that way in case I ever want to change the color. The addition hopefully will come this week UPS. I have a lot to do on the interior yet, wallpaper, etc. See what you think. :)

Is it the one you called Vermont Farmhouse Jr? I love the newspaper wall covering in the attic. My great grandmother had an attic like that.

Chris

The VT farmhouse has the small attic section with the newspaper print. I had a friend years ago who bought an old house that had old newspapers covering the attic walls. I always thought that would be fun to do in a dollhouse. The sepia colored one is scrap book paper from Joanns. Another house I did in a more grey tone has a newsprint pattern that is really real life size wallpaper I found at menard's about a year ago.

I've used RL newspaper legal ads and pages from freebie shoppers to line attic walls; they age naturally, being RL newprint, but you can also use used teabags to give it a head start. Pat, your work is always awesome!

I just got the addition to the VT farmhouse almost all together. I found out the liners aren't Masonite but 1/8 inch MDF. It sure looks like Masonite. Anyway, I'm cutting the door openings in it to match the openings already cut in the house. I'm using an Exacto and my little saw. Now I'll have them to cover the siding. The doors don't go in far enough because of the extra 1/8 inch, but strip wood will take care of that. Now I can wallpaper the whole kitchen and there are no spaces showing through from the front where the siding is. I may eventually try and cut a little window in the side wall of the second floor. If my neighbor has a hole cutter for his saw I could just put in one of those little round windows. That's going to be a sewing/storage room. :rolleyes:

• 3 years later...