I'm ready

nuttiwebgal

at the beginning of the summer I bought one of those rubber made shoeboxes and I have been slowly filling it up with beads. and those filigree thingies and I am ready to have a perfume bottle making day with my friend and her 2 girls with my daughter. I am unsure as to how to connect them.

when I made my skull candlesticks I used straight pins to hold it all in place...although I thought they looked good I also thought they were a bit flimsy. Im thinking also maybe we should use zap a gap instead of the tacky glue. I know several of you have made some wonderful bottles and I would like to be one of them...

oooo yesterday I found the perfect beeds for my Halloween swap idea. they are so perfect.

now all I have to do is get going on it. lol

nutti :D

When I did the haunt, I made Witchee's bottles & jars using a glue called "Glass, Metal & More". It's a clear glue (similar to model glues) & I used toothpicks to apply the glue to the bead bottles. Like it 'cause it'll glue metal to plastic/ceramic/glass/whatever. Got it at Michaels. Sure there are plenty of other glues out there that will work.

I always used plain ol' Elmer's, which holds fine unless whatever it is falls onto the floor, the glue dries too brittle to withstand being dropped. I'll look for the glue you mentioned, Charlene.

I made a bunch when I first started with my dollhouse craze, because I have a TON of beads. I used regular tacky glue and its works great. Not brittle if it falls to the floor and if its what you already have, then you don't have to go to the store and buy yet another product! :D

My beaded jewlery if anyone ins interested. Most of these were made over 4 years ago. I stopped beading for a while becasue my son was too small to and I am a "dropper", tiny beads go everywhere! I didn't want him to put them in his mouth when he found them! I've only made a few pieces here and there. Recently I made a bunch of earings ad a couple bracelets that aren't pictured in the link. Let me know if you want any of them. I think I still have most. Never did get around to sellnig any of them like I had intentioned! :)

Jaimie, Later on I will get the girls to give a look see at your jewelry (which is beautiful by the way) and I will tell you if they are interested.

I KNOW Nat will be. She might want something for school.

your jewelry is beautimus!!!!

I use to make jewelry...I started collecting beads for my mini projects then I started to use them for jewelry and now am back to mini's..I'm such a "flip flop"..lol <_<

Now I have 3 of those 4 drawer rolling carts full of beads and findings...lol :rolleyes:

Wen

Thank you everyone *BLUSHING*!! I haven't even gone over the photos in a long time. When I completed them I could barely give them away. I wasn't very into "marketing". It was many years ago, like I said. I've learned since then.

There is one red one inparticular that I made especially for my sister in law (yuck, by the way!) as a Christmas present. I put so much thought and time into it and her reaction was "Oh nice. thanks." and I've never seen her wear it!

Clarification: I just noticed there is a sub-album attached to the beading pictures. If anyone looked in there ... it is not my work. Those are just pics I use as inspiration. Hope that didn't confuse anyone. I renamed the album and put a notice in the description.