Would a farmhouse have Victorian Windows?

Just One More

I have the Holly Ann roof shingled and it came out pretty nice. Not painted yet. With the porches and low tower, this house looks more like a farmhouse to me. It would be easy enough and not too pricey, to change the two exterior doors, but there are six windows. I would get plainer doors and just use the hooded windows but want it to look like a farmhouse and I'm no architecture expert. It just doesn't look Victorian to me like the Alison Jr. or Pierce. etc. The stairs provided also are very plain. They are very nice quality but look more farmhouse too. I don't want to have to get fancier banisters and rails.

In my pics so far the house looks blue but it's really Storm gray. The porch floors will be Drizzle Gray or Cloudy Morn. The roof will be black and the windows and porch railings antique white. Haven't decided on the foundation. Most of my houses have the brick wall scrap paper foundation which looks very much like real gray brick. I know we can just do what we want with our houses but it helps to get other opinions. :) My houses all tend to look similar. I sold the last two houses I did because they just weren't me. It's like my real house. I have Primitive Country decor and never change it now matter where I live.

Yes, I definitely think that some farmhouses can and do have Victorian windows--especially the Century Homes that were built during that era. There are lots of old farmhouses here in Ohio that have Victorian windows--paired both with clapboard siding and with brick. Probably all depended on how affluent the farmer was and what he could afford when he was building the house.

Tappy

Yes, I definitely think that some farmhouses can and do have Victorian windows--especially the Century Homes that were built during that era. There are lots of old farmhouses here in Ohio that have Victorian windows--paired both with clapboard siding and with brick. Probably all depended on how affluent the farmer was and what he could afford when he was building the house.

Tappy

Thank you for letting me know that. I just never noticed the windows on farmhouses in my cross country trips. I always liked the farmhouse look though and want to be sure I get it right. :)

I've always loved Victorian houses, but I never wanted the hassle of painting all that trim. My solution was to have been a Victorian Farmhouse, something like a cross between a fancy Victorian and a plain farmhouse. Sort of a fancy farmhouse, but not too fancy. Pretty Victorian windows, but not all the fussy trim. So yes, you can Victorian windows in a farmhouse and they will look right at home.

That's really a pretty house. I'm putting in some other doors with the square windows and transomes. With the Victorian windows and trim it will be just enough to be both farmhouse and Victorian. I'll use the two oval window doors on another house, maybe the Pierce when I get back to it. :)

• 2 weeks later...