Tips for crown molding/moulding and floor boards?

JaimieMarvon

Aha! I am in charge of getting the tables and coffee ready for the meetings..LOL

If someone had told me as a child that I would be building my own dhs with electricity and spending my allowances on furniture for it ( I just got a sewing machine with table) i would have slapped them! LOL

LOL Heidi, you are too funny. Actually, when I was a child I built a dollhouse out of boxes for my barbies, wallpaper and all! I guess it was always in my blood. My dad is a carpenter, and I used to spend hours watching him build real furniture. I was always facinated by it. I love to sew too. Have been making curtains, sheets, pillows and comforter for the Garfield.

Your house is looking magnificent! I love what you've done with it and the changes you've made. I hope mine turns out 1/10th as beautiful!

THANKS for your kind words. It is certainly a labor of love! ;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the furniture was just a rough fit I couldn't resist seeing what it would look like
That's the first step in playing with your house(s).

Hi, My name is Irene and I am a dollhouse addict

And all this time I thought "Heidi" was your real name!

I made a "cracked plaster-look" ceiling in the bathrrom of the Garfield last night using tissue paper and watered down glue. Had to do several layers but I think it came out well. Also put same ceiling paper up in teh Master bedroom as is in the lv/dining room on the first floor since I had so much left over. While Iwas doing that I had to put a light in each room and BOY I mest be getting lucky! Again, it didn't take too long and got it working on the first try! Gonna get a little full of myself if it keeps working out so well! *giggle*

I haven't found the "right" wall paper for master bedroom yet. Its the only room not wallpapered. Not including the hallway rooms that you cant really see. Think I'm just going to paint those, maybe even attempt to make my own type of wainscoting for the second floor hallway since you can see it a little when you open the balcony/terrace doors.

I even forced myself to get on the treadmill last night. I worked on the DH first and then feltguilty that I allowed myself th time to play if I didn't exercise, so I HAD to get on it! LOL