Beaumont on Ebay

Adallae

<whimper> That's a seriously beautiful house and if I were going to build a plantation house, THAT's it. I truly hope Greenleaf brings it back into production before I get too old & decrepit to build it & do it justice!

Wow! I love that house. I just wish I had room for one. ;)

LOL! That never stopped me! I've got one of those beauties hiding under the bed--still under factory seal.

LOL! That never stopped me! I've got one of those beauties hiding under the bed--still under factory seal.

Me too Linda! I just got my Gone with the wind dolls last week too and they are for that house!

;)

That is a beautiful one for sure!

Dontcha love it when people bid early and drive the price up? It will be interesting to see what this goes for in the end. ;)

If you want to see an example of someone driving up a price, take a look at this auction for mini furniture.

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=2083333

I looked thru the pictures and thought "Okay, nice variety, but nothing really special in there". Maybe I'm missing something that would cause this major bidding war. Does anyone else spot a real collectable or rare item in there? Not that the overall content isn't worth that much, but I'd rather buy new if I'm gonna pay full price.

Deb

I Looked and can't seem to find anything rare :D Maybe the bidder does not realize what they are buying :D

These are the dolls that I got for a nice plantation styled house like the Beaumont ;)

post-4-1152927393_thumb.jpg

They were so nice I had to buy them and I was so please when I got them.

I Looked and can't seem to find anything rare :D Maybe the bidder does not realize what they are buying :D

These are the dolls that I got for a nice plantation styled house like the Beaumont ;)

They were so nice I had to buy them and I was so please when I got them.

I took a look at the bid history and it seems to be two people trying to out bid one another. The sad thing about that is that chances are the winner won't pay and the auction will get relisted. The psychology behind that intrigues me. What motivates people to bid on things they don't intend to buy? Is it an addiction to the act of bidding and the virtual thrill of pretending they can afford to throw money away? Or is it a malicious act of simply trying to drive up the price or deprive someone else of it?

The dolls are really cute Tracy! They definitely need a southern home.

Deb

That really is a good deal on a house like that! It truly is a beauty. Did anyone here get it? (that's wishful thinking on my part coz I'd love to watch someone build it)

Deb

Ohh Peggi, I wish you had won it! Well who knows, since Dean & Lisa have our wish list (ALL of the houses to come back one day :blink: ). Eventually, maybe we will have more houses released and this may be one of them (I am hoping for sure).