Has anyone been to the RGT Store?

minifan

Really? Because I copied that directly from their website. Here's the rest of the writing on the page. There's also a picture of the store on the page.

Real Good Toys NEW Dollhouse Factory Outlet Store is open

and ready to welcome you into the wonderful world of dollhouses and miniatures!

Located at 10 Quarry Street, Barre, VT 05641

Dollhouse Factory Outlet Store Hours:

Monday - Saturday 9AM - 4PM

(Closed in observation of the following holidays: 7/5/10 Independence Day, 9/6/10 Labor Day, 11/25/10 Thanksgiving, 12/25/10 Christmas & 1/1/11 New Year's Day)

PHONE: 802-477-6464

Directions to our Store Location:

Follow Interstate 89 to Exit 6. Follow Route 63 East about 4 miles to the stoplight at Route 14. Turn Left, go approximately 1 mile to Quarry Street. State Farm Insurance is located on the corner. Turn Right. The Dollhouse Factory Outlet store can be seen immediately on your Left.

Include us in your travel plans...we would love to see you!

It opened this spring, Holly. Probably since you went hunting for it. Their offices and mill are also there, but it's a building recycled from another use. you probably went by it and didn't realize it.. This is from their about me page:

'Since we began in 1972, Real Good Toys has been motivated to reuse and recycle. It has kept our overhead costs low and our products reasonably priced.

We operate out of a very old granite manufacturing facility which has been renovated for woodworking rather than built new. These business practices help keep Vermont's land open and less industrialized. To conserve energy, our factory operates four days a week, 10 hour days.

Our wood scraps are ground on site to feed our wood chip furnace which supplements the factory’s heat. Our clean sawdust is used for animal bedding by local farmers.

We pack with recycled shredded paper received from our local bank and newspaper. We reuse cardboard boxes, foam and packing peanuts. And, we are always looking for new ways to exercise “thrift” without sacrificing safety and quality.'

I was really surprised when I ordered a light fixture from GL and it arrived wrapped in a scrap of fabric, but I'm glad to hear that companies are recycling!

It was six years ago when we went hunting, and I promise there was nothing there but an office & outbuilding; certainly room enough to put in more! I guess they finally got tired of people like us hunting them down & expressing disappointment that there was nothing else there!