Featured Houses

LPCullen

Aha! It's a fine day to be a Buttercup! That's gorgeous (as always). I love how you do the little details like the man's glasses atop his newspaper. Also the coordinating colors on the window seat, with the living room wallpaper.

Thanks everyone!

Yes MiniLinda, the windows came like that (except for hubby's eyeball, of course, LOL!).

Calamari, the "man" is supposed to be hubby's father, and he happens to LOVE doing crossword puzzles in the newspaper ... The color schemes were done that way because those are my mother-in-law's favorite colors.

Sorry for such a late reply, but THANKS for sharing! I've decided not to do a quilt shop with the Buttercup kit I won here, but to make it up as a regular house for a friend as a baby shower gift. I've been stumped on exactly how to do it since it only has two rooms and couldn't decide what two rooms to do. I think a livingroom and bedroom are just perfect as you've shown and it looks great! I think that's what I'm also going to do. :o

Well, if you want to squnch in a bath or kitchen... I'm just obsessive about those...  :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So am I really. Where the heck do I get 3/4 scale furniture? I don't think I've ever seen any. I might just have to play around with regular scale because I don't have a lot of money to spend on this.

Although official 3/4 furniture exists, what's around these days is mostly Lundby, and Lundby is spelled p-r-i-c-e-y. "Small 1:12" pieces that come to mind are:

--The dollar store white bedroom set with the pink roses (bed, rocker, dresser, armoire... there's also a matching piano). I think it might be true 3/4, though that'd be purely by accident.

--Some white wire wicker runs very small. Dollar stores used to have a lot of tables and chairs that were "small." I know I picked Nico's rocker because it was on the small side (it was a $3 Chinatown goodie).

--Many Victorian sofas run small just because they were rather delicate in real life at the time. There are also a couple of "affordable" contemporary sofas from TS that seem to be of a different species than the larger, healthier living room sets. (Perhaps they got less stuffing in the womb.)

--Some "Take a Seat by Raine" chairs are on the small side for 1:12.

--The Kaleidoscope House modern bath is tiny for 1:12 (it's ceramic, not plastic), though nothing else from that house runs small. (This is Nico & Fuzz's bath set.) Some of the Town Square bath sets also run small -- the ones with the squarish pedestal sinks that are quite shallow. (This sink, though there are other variations on the set, including a pink one.)

--Kitchens are difficult unless you're going old-fashioned. One of the really cheap TS sets is incredibly shallow, which helps. Last year, Midwest of Cannon Falls (aka "Seasons of Cannon Falls") did a 1950s sink and stove that were about 3/4 scale as Christmas ornaments, but I do not remember a refrigerator. (Though I think I've seen a 1940s fridge as some form of ornament.)

--Ornaments are actually really useful for smaller scales, as are salt-and-pepper shakers, if you're not concerned about sofas being china. Nico & Fuzz's grandfather clock is a Christmas ornament, as is their bird cage. I've had a china "overstuffed" chair that was perfect 3/4 scale, as well as a rocker -- both started life as S&P shakers. (A strategically placed "throw" acts as camouflage.)

Yes, all I do is shop. It's a badge of pride!

I'm just patiently (ya right :o ) waiting for it to get here. I'm going to give the empty kit box (wrapped of course) as the gift and let her know that it's being built. Should be kinda fun!

I have another baby shower later this Fall and I'm going to be building The McKinley for that one since 'mommy' is short on space and will love the fact she can put it on the wall. B)

• 2 months later...

Well, I'm a month late (just like everything else right now), but I have a new featured house on my website. This time is the Magnolia that we built for my niece. Here's the link: http://community.webshots.com/album/440010879TKGsCC

If that link doesn't work, then go to my main webshots page (link below) and look for the album entitled Featuring Sarah's Magnolia.