House identification update

hydroped

Hi everyone,

I'm not really sure if I should be putting this here but this is where I asked for help identifying my "tall house" a few months back and I wanted to let everyone know that I found the name of it! Remember this house?

post-86-1152417162_thumb.jpg

I picked up an old issue of Miniature Collector (from 1978) at the local mini shop today and after I got home and was reading it I found an article on Jacqueline Kerr Dieber who designed and sold the book/plans for several 1:12 doll houses including the Pepperwood Farm house - which was the house that my best friends grandfather made for her when we were kids. Anyway that tall blue house of mine turns out to be the Heartford. So the house has finally been identified - which will be interresting to note when it's complete as it's headed toward it's transformation into a castle.

:)

-David

oooo way cool David!

yanno what I do now when finishing a kit?

I lay it on its back and write in a permanent marker what the name of the kit is and who made it and my name and the year I built it. and of course a special little I love you note!

maybe it will save some future home owner a little work of finding the info on their own.

I really am looking forward to your castle!

nutti :)

Yay!! It's nice to be able to call it by name now instead of "that tall house that's going to be a castle". :) It's a lot easier to say Heartford.

Nutti, it's so cool that you put that information on the bottom of your houses. Since your houses are destined to be heirlooms, it will mean a lot to future generations to know the name of the house, the name of it's creator and most of all, that it was made in love.

Deb

Thanks everybody,

Yep it sure is easier to call it the Heartford than "ya know that sorta blah tall house with the blue siding that I'm going to make into a castle someday" LOL :lol: And Nutti I love your idea of signing the bottom of the houses! I picked up an old sweetheart (another of my thrift shop houses) months ago and I've slowly started renovating (removing stickers etc) and on the understide it's signed by the builders - a pair of grandparents to who made it for 2 of their grand daughters. I want to save those signatures and when I get it finished add mine next to theirs. The house was built well but made as a play dollhouse and from teh looks of it the kids played with it well but it's still sad to think of it going off to a thrift after being made by someone's grandparents.

-David