Wallpaper

spesmom

Hi all.

I have read many of you sugest using scrapbook papers for wallpapering your dollhouse. Some of you sugest sealing the paper before gluing. Could someone tell me what to seal the paper with? I don't quite understand what you guys are talking about. Is there a better product out there compared to other products? Thanks in advance.

Allison

The one time I sealed scrapbook paper I used an acrylic sealer I got from the craft section in Wally World. I haven't sealed any other papers and I haven't had any splotching or running; I used regular premixed wallpaper paste.

I didnt seal mine either and it is still looks great even with our damp weather here.

I glued it down with Grandmother Stove`s (i think that is what it is called) paste.

Hi Allison. I strongly recommend using a sealer on your paper. I did some wallpapering with scrapbook paper without the sealer and regretted it when I got some glue on the paper. It did not clean off near as well as the paper that I did seal. I use a clear acrylic matte coating (brand is Crafts Etc!) that was recommended to me by a staff person at Hobby Lobby. It costs less than $3 a can and works beautifully with 2-3 light coats. My experience is that it is well worth the extra time and money.

Grandma Stover's makes great wallpaper paste.

I've used various sealers -- Modge Podge, Duracote, Krylon, other brands' sprays. You're looking for a matte finish, tho', so check the label. You just want to make sure there's something between your paper and the real world :)