I still haven't got my doll house :(

Anya

I ordered the Alexandria from doll house properties on the 8th of May and paid via paypal. The thing is I was given two order numbers for the doll house for some reason. I have an account with Doll house properties so that I could track my parcel but that says I never placed an order with them and the order numbers that I was given are non existent. Anyway I wrote to the company about 3 times (4th time yesterday) to ask about these problems and no one has got back to me. The money was taken from my account the day after purchase so I know the order went through but these guys are just not answering my emails. Now it's been almost 8 weeks (the estimated length of time for shipping to UK from US) and still no house. Have any of you had this problem with DH properties before and is there another way of contacting them? If I can't get hold of them I'll just have to put in a complaint and get a refund. :rolleyes:

I had a problem with the ebay store. i'm pretty sure it's the same seller. I purchased the Lafayette dollhouse for a great price and since it was such a great price I purchased another one. I didn't receive the second house after waiting for quite a while, then emailed the seller 3 times. I did some research on my purchases and it turns out that both houses had the same ebay id number which is very weird, but i did pay for both of them, the payments were sent on different days and i had a receipt from paypal and the info from my bank that both payments had been deducted. I finally left negative feedback for the seller because he/she would not respond to me. THEN i heard back from the seller stating that he/she had sent me emails....i don't believe it because after i left the negative feedback, i received every email that the seller sent me as we were trying to get the negative feedback removed. In the end, it was settled and i received the second house that i paid for as well as a couple of extra items. I was satisfied with that, but will not buy from the seller again. Be persistent, i wonder if you can contact the Better Business Bureau in the U.S. about them and or contact the seller again and threaten to turn them in. It's a shame, i have read alot of complaints about this company. They shouldn't run their business this way, they lose alot of return buyers. Pity they don't realize this. Good luck on getting your house. Keep us posted.

When my items are not received and a seller does not respond I file a complaint through paypal and say item was never recived and get my money back.

If they can't respond they can't have my money I always say.

I never have a problem with Charles (doll properties and estates in miniature both the same person) he may be slow shipping and like Marg, we made the purchases around the same time and he thought he had shipped the lafayette to me (He had shipped one but the other took longer I also order 2 like she did).

He always reply to me with in a few days but there are so many people that don't get the response back from them or no merchandise at all.

Thanks for the replies. Mmmm sounds very weird you'd think that a company would try not to let this happen and for not replying to emails until you decide to leave a complaint shows that the company just wan't bothering in the fist place.

I really hope my house arrives though and that this is all a misunderstanding but for some reason I think not. :(

Tracy, does Charles work for Doll house properties? If so do you have an email I can contact him by? I would not mention that you gave me the email. I am just SOOOO frustrated

I don't have his email address because he is the one who always email me through ebay. I checked a month ago because someone else needed it and the contact info is always through ebay now and since I have a new computer I don't have his email addy anymore.

you know if a person emails through ebay they can check the button to hide the email addy and it goes to yellowbutton something or another :(

Here is a link to Charles post last year here You may be able to email him from this forum (Not PM but email). Hope this helps.

Hmmmmm. Read his posting.

If all else fails, report to ebay. I had that problem with the HUD house.. I reported the person and that dh got to my door Fedex in a day!

That might be the perverbial (sp?) firecracker up the bum that he needs.

I dont know if i got his website addy right but when I put it in, it isnt working.

I will keep an eye on this posting. I never want to get cheated and this will become a "do not buy from" site if developments arent seen for Anya.

Thanks for the help Tracy but I didn't need to contact Charles after all. I got a refund through paypal but that means no Alexandria for me. I wish I knew where to get one but doll house properties was about all I could find.

Thanks again :(

This is the same person Heidi. This is just there ebay name. I am so sorry that you won't be getting your house. That house is super sharp in person and heavy as a cow :(. I have seen it really done up nicely though!

That house is super sharp in person and heavy as a cow

Little wonder, it's humongous and 3/8" MDF! I looked longingly at the store model in Hobby Lobby and figured how many Greenleaf kits I could build that I could lift & move myself for the money.

Thanks for the link to the house on ebay but if it is being sold by the same person like Tracy said I will give it a miss. I am pretty annoyed with that guy 'Charles' I don't think he will be too popular around here and not with me for sure. He could have at least got back to me because if it wasn't for me he would still have my money. What a crook.

And my refund was not even in full. I was refunded the price of the house is dollars but the exchange rate has changed since I bought it and he still owes me £5 (about $3?).

Ouch! In fairness, "Charles" probably wasn't aware of the exchange-rate issue, but I can see why that'd add one more sting to your frustration with his business.

Definitely keep an eye on eBay -- although the kits are out of production, they aren't quite as rare as that seller would like to imply.

Ouch! In fairness, "Charles" probably wasn't aware of the exchange-rate issue, but I can see why that'd add one more sting to your frustration with his business.

Definitely keep an eye on eBay -- although the kits are out of production, they aren't quite as rare as that seller would like to imply.

Haha I don't mean to sound too harsh, well maybe a little. I know that the exchange rate is confusing but I should have thought the 'free shipping on items over $150 was too good to be true. Hey you don't even get the doll house so no wonder shipping is free.