Creekside Cabin

what about using a staple? yanno from a stapler or staple gun...for the door handle.

that cabin is turning out so sweet!

I love how it all goes together and the fireplace is a perfect addition!

what a nice job!

nutti :D

Again Thank you for your nice comments and suggestions. I will try the pull tab, stapler and gem clip ideas and see which one works best (or easiest). I'll let you know the results but it may be a day or two.

The Fireplace is really nice and Earthy looking. Perfect for a Cabin!

Thank you Tracy coming from you I consider that a real compliment. Without your great tutorial I wouldn't have even tried it. I need to experiment more with colors and the depth of drawing my lines. But practice makes perfect right? Got to start somewhere.

• 1 month later...

Peggi, I love the cross-buck door! Does it come that way with the kit? Keri Berkner made an arched one from scratch for Tom's Nottingham kit she was building when I went to Earth & Tree, she made it sound so easy I want to try one! What [-shaped door handle worked best for you?

Peggi, I love the cross-buck door! Does it come that way with the kit? Keri Berkner made an arched one from scratch for Tom's Nottingham kit she was building when I went to Earth & Tree, she made it sound so easy I want to try one! What [-shaped door handle worked best for you?

The door came that way with the kit--but it was easy to assemble. This kit does have a lot of things that has to be glued standing straight--been a challenge for me. I am ashamed to admit that I haven't tried the door handle yet. My mind has been all over the place the last few months--I seem to flit from one thing to another lately. But here is updated pictures. Check out my blog for more.

post-70-1159705055_thumb.jpgpost-70-1159705086_thumb.jpg

The chimney was made using real river rock. I'm waiting for it to completely dry before glueing it on. The top portion will have to be finished when its on the house.