Interior mouldings and wallpaper....

babypeanutz

Hi guys,

This forum is great. So helpful and inspirational. I can see I'm going to be spending a lot of time here!

I have a quick question for when I'm ready to start my interior. I always assumed that I would be sticking my interior mouldings to my walls first, and then fitting the wallpaper around it. But then yesterday I read some-ones post who said the untidy edges of their wallpaper would be covered by their mouldings.

What would be everyones suggestions?

Cheers.

Hi Rachel,

I don't know about everyone else but I put up the wall paper and then did the mouldings. That way if there was an Oops or a boo boo I could cover it up.

I am the same as Lony plus you dont want to have to deal with extra cutting and measuring, But that is me, I try to "dumb" down as much as possible! :D

I don't even bother cutting the windows or doors before I put up my wallpaper - I measure and cut the room size - stick up my wallpaper then use a craft knife or scalpel to cut the paper from the doors and windows. That way I have one less thing to worry about - which is probably the wrong way to do it but being one who is measurement challenged I save on paper that way hehehe no more misscutting a window a half inch in the wrong direction. Then last of all after floors and after wallpaper/paint I put up my moldings.

-David

I don't even bother cutting the windows or doors before I put up my wallpaper - I measure and cut the room size - stick up my wallpaper then use a craft knife or scalpel to cut the paper from the doors and windows. That way I have one less thing to worry about - which is probably the wrong way to do it

As one who is blessed with more than the normal share of "duh" quotient I also paper first & cut out openings later.

Hi Rachel --

Just want to make it unanimous -- cutting around mouldings would be way off my patience scale--and I also paper over the door/window openings (I have a full collection of razor knives and I know how to use them!) :D

As one who is blessed with more than the normal share of "duh" quotient I also paper first & cut out openings later.

Just want to make it unanimous -- cutting around mouldings would be way off my patience scale

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who does that :p

David :D

Nothing more satisfying then stabbing mini wallpaper thru an open window.. Kinda naughty.. dh sadist

Oh Heidi :D

Another side of miniaturists revealed! Who would have guessed?