Hello!

Hello! I'm a high-school girl from Texas, and I love dollhouses! I've been working on the Lilliput Apple Blossom for two or three years now (I only have time during the summer, and it requires my dad's help, who doesn't have much time at all). It's already nearly completely furnished, though it doesn't have stairs, windows, doors, etc. I also recently started building a dollhouse kit (it was already partially built) that I found at my grandma's house...it's extraordinarily dirty, and rather flimsy, but I'm hoping it will turn out all right. The dollhouse I really want is the Greenleaf Garfield, but, unfortunately, I don't have the time for that right now. My cousin had the Annabelle/Pierce, and I used to spend hours and hours just looking at it! I think it was flooded during the hurricane, which is a shame. Oh, and my brother's friend's older sister has a dollhouse in her grandmother's garage that she doesn't want anymore, and they might actually give it to me! I haven't seen it though, so I have no idea what it looks like. In my garage right now, sitting atop an extra fireplace, is a model of one of the galleries at the Museum of Fine Arts here (my dad works there, and somehow he got to keep the architect's model when they were adding another building to the museum). I'd like to paint it at some point and finish it...it could be a dollhouse museum or town hall or church, or something like that. It's very modern-looking.

Welcome to our mini family & our happy little place on the 'net, Penelope :D It's a wonderful treat to find young miniaturists, can you believe I've seen articles from the 1970 calling minis the country's #3 & 4 hobby? The way mini shops are closing the scarcity of mini magazines compared to then makes me even more glad to see younger members signing on.

Please, when you can, post pictures of what you're working on. You can check out the galleries and blogs for ideas, and feel free to ask questions.

Welcome to the forum Penelope, as Holly said it is so good to see young people interested in our hobby. We love "eye candy" so feel free to post so we can ooh and ahh over your projects.

I also recently started building a dollhouse kit (it was already partially built) that I found at my grandma's house...it's extraordinarily dirty, and rather flimsy, but I'm hoping it will turn out all right.

Inquiring minds are extremely curious to see photos... I wonder what kit it is...

Hellooooo and WELCOME!

nice to see some younger miniaturist join us!

I hope to see photos of your house and hear all about your mini adventures.

glad you found us!

nutti :D

The Grafield is a really Beautiful house! I would love to see pictures of your other dollhouses too! I bet they look WONDERFUL! You are so fortunate to have family members who at one point in there life loved miniatures too!

Welcome Penelope!

It is great that you have started your dh craft so young. I had always wanted one when i was younger and that dream never faded.

I had to wait to be an adult to finally get the ONE toy I wanted!!

Welcome to the forum, dont be afraid to ask questions, and when you figure out the camera (or you get good ole dad to do it) you can share and learn lots. You will be so proud of what you accomplished.

You can say " I did that!"