Help with Grandma's Dollhouse

rebx

Hello,

I have had this issue for some time now and any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

I have always loved dollhouses and dollhouse miniatures - I can think of few things more adorable! As a result I inherited a beautiful, assembled, Pierce dollhouse from my Grandmother just before she passed. She assembled this house on her own as a "dreamhouse" she was never able to purchase. It still needs the trimmings applied but is otherwise fully assembled and painted. I also inherited a lot of furniture and "fixings" for it, like wallpaper, an electricity kit, etc.

However, my sad reality is that I cannot keep it any longer. I have had it for several years now, and I work full-time and raise my stepson through high school. When he entered high school, we downsized to a much smaller house and I have been paying for a storage unit to hold the dollhouse. Now we are working towards downsizing again as my stepson nears the end of his high school career, and the storage unit is too expensive to maintain forever.

It breaks my heart to have to part with the dollhouse but I think it is time. I do not want any money for it, I only want it to have a good home. I am not sure what to do. It is very large to try to ship (though not impossible I guess). I can donate it but I would like that to be a last resort. Any help anyone can offer is much appreciated. Thank you so much.

Hello and welcome to the forum. It's alway sad to have to let one of our dollhouses move on, but nice to know it is going to someone who will love it.

First of all, where are you? We have members all over the world here, and I'm sure more than one would like to help you find a home for Grandma's dollhouse.

If there's no one from here who can take it, have you considered Craig's list or Freecyle in your area?

Good luck finding a good home for it. The Pierce is a beautiful house.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks so much for all your help everyone! As an update, I've added a few pictures here. As you can see it's mostly built but still needs some work on the trim, etc., and I have (what I'm guessing is) all the remaining pieces. I also have accessories to go along with it - an electricity kit, wallpaper, curtains, flooring, 3 bags of roof tiles, etc, etc, etc.

post-5571-1286893136_thumb.jpg

post-5571-1286893146_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I wanted to post an update and thank everyone who helped me! After posting the dollhouse for sale (or free to good home!) I finally found a family from about 2 hours away who would finish and love my grandma's dollhouse. They drove a van the whole way up here to pick it up, and I was glad to give it to them. They make a hobby of finishing, furnishing, etc., dollhouses and are aiming for an entire village!

I am sadder than I thought I would be to have to part with it but I am beyond glad that I was able to find some other dollhouse lovers to take it over.