So upset . . .

Know what? Publish it here. Aint on paper, aint sent through the mail. Best mag you ever saw, reaches millions. Snot noses know way better than to trespass. Miniaturists who don't know this site aint worth worrying abaht.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All in all, I think it is a fine tribute to both you and your dad. I would like to have seen a photo of the interior of the Cantina El Toro

I would really like to thank all of you for your compliments and words of encouragement. The people here really are the best. When I received my actual magazine and saw the article, there were some improvements that I had not been made aware of. I feel a good bit better about it than I did, and best of all, my Dad has decided it looks nice after all. He was the main reason I was so upset. I do wish that the inset picture of the wrong dining room wasn't in it but what is done is done. Also, on the mock-up, it had a thumbnail of the cantina twice which I thought was unnecessary. But, when the actual article arrived, they had taken the first cantina picture out and put one of the hacienda's side view which was a definite improvement. And, Kathie . . . you can see picture of the interior of my cantina ON HERE! Of course, you probably saw the pictures last year when the Spring Fling pics went up. At any rate, now that my Dad is feeling more positive about it, I can too. I guess part of what really threw me was that the work I had seen previously was always so excellent, that I just didn't expect a slip-up like that. But I have to say that after seeing the entire issue, I am still impressed. The cover piece is really beautiful, and it certainly made a striking statement.

I'm glad you're feeling better about the article, Rhonda. I have seen the cantina here and was duly impressed. I meant it would have been nice for the readers of the magazine to catch a glimpse of the interior. I suspect many of those poor, misguided souls haven't found our forum yet.