New to Miature Doll houses

MAB

I live in Lethbridge Alberta and am about to begin building my first dollhouse - Coventry Cottage. I am very disappointed that I have been unable to find any miniature stores or groups in my area. I would be really interested in hearing from someone close to me who can give me advice and counselling when needed. Please let me know if you can help

Mary Ann

Welcome to the Community Mary Ann!! I am looking into finding you some friends in your area too.

I am so glad you posted too the forum too!!

I originally joined the online groups about 5 years ago (I guess even longer ago than that because I was on small stuff and tiny talk when they first came on the scene).

I found 2 local buddies because we posted our city & town in our signature lines and it was so cool to see people face to face from online too.

I have had the chance to meet a LOT of my online friends face to face now. Some of these friendships are more than just mini friends now. They are my REAL friends. I hope the same will happen for you! :)

Hi Mary Ann.

I live in Edmonton, Alberta. My husband and I do travel down to Lethbridge from time to time. Ray grew up in Lethbridge. I particularly love the coolies.

In Edmonton we had a Miniature Store for about 20 years, but they closed their doors earlier this year. I buy nearly everything online.

You'll enjoy our group, we have lots of fun, and there's always somebody who has the answer you need to a question.

-Susanne

Mary Ann, I don't live close to you - Ontario, actually - but there is plenty of help right here in this forum! :D Did you notice the orangey-brown bar at the top of the page? Have you checked out the BLOGS yet? There is a Coventry Cottage blog showing different approaches to building and decorating this kit. It's really impressive to view the various members interpretations of the same building. :) (I have a Coventry Cottage that I bought many years ago. I haven't even started putting it together! But one of these days ... well, let's just say, it's on the list!)

Welcome to the forum. :rolleyes:

Welcome MaryAnn: You'll love the Coventry Cottage. It was a fun build, mine turned into a dance studio. Be sure to check out the blogs on this house, some good tutorials are included and so are any problem areas.