Free staircase & need non working lighting

genieDOLL

FREE if you can use it; 3" wide by 12" tall wood staircase. Looking upwards, banister is on right. Got it painted white, and I painted it dark brown, has some gold trim on underside- could be overpainted.

Just reimburse me shipping. by sending postage stamps. I was gifted this by a forum member to use in my Duracraft San Fran, but after installing a thick decorative baseboard trim, it was too tight a fit for the opening. I've opted to size down to a 2 1/4" staircase.

NEED LIGHTING: Chandelier, ceiling or sconce type (non-working). Hope some of you might have some lighting left over that is broken or no longer functional? My Duracraft San Fran is not wired, so I just want some fixtures that I can glue in place. The non-working chandeliers are lame looking, but I bought two at A.C. Moore. I sure hate to buy new, working lites and pull all the wires off them!

If you have something, send me details via my genieDOLL homepage. Thanks. Links to products would be great too. Am I the only person out there doing a doll house (my 1st) without working lights?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Try thinking about using the following in some creative ways and painting them with metalic model paints or whatever matches your decor. For my working and non working lights I've used

-beads - lots of beads! If you can find flower shaped cup ones they can be used as light covers

-bead findings - little cup shaped make great lamp bases!

-empty milk containers from restauraunts - the little ones at the tables make great lamp shades!

-little tiny disposible cups they use for wine at church - again great for lamp shades!

-short lenghts of metal tubing - you can bend it carefully and slowly

-little butter cups on tables at restraunts - can be used for celing fixtures

-clear knobs for cuboards or the little ends from door bouncers (you know the springs that kids and cats love to play with and make anoying sounds!)

Just have fun with them and try going through the craft isles and hardware stores looking for anything that's little!

HEHEHE