Fathers' Day Mini Card Scene

Missymew

I put a new album into the Gallery today with photos of the two mini card scenes I've created - one for my mum (Mothers' Day), and one for my dad (Fathers' Day).

These mini card scenes are such fun to do.

-Susanne

The visit my gallery button worked fine for me. Susanne, your cards are great. I'm sure they will appreciate them. They look so homey and comfortable with the rocking chairs.

Whatever my 'puter was doing, it has quit & is behaving now.

Susanne, your window treatment has blown me away! We need you to do a tutorial on how you did the hinged shutters.

Whatever my 'puter was doing, it has quit & is behaving now.

Susanne, your window treatment has blown me away! We need you to do a tutorial on how you did the hinged shutters.

Working in miniatures is often the art of illusion. My hinged shutter-window was a picture I cut out of a magazine. Holly, most of my miniature work is done with scissors and glue. My skills and talents are limited. But, I love to create scenes. Thank you for your lovely comments.

-Susanne

• 4 months later...

the step after getting a card for your scene is to decide how to embellish it and what will go into it.

I use foamcore(wal-mart) for the floor. you cut a square the card will go around 2 sides of it.

to cover the foamcore I usually print something like a floor or ground cover of some kind and use the clear stickyback paper found at wal-marts to Laminate the floor and glue it onto the foamcore.

from there its up to you to figure out trims and furnishings. these are so much fun to make.

baby cards are my personal favorite!

maraboo trim works well for baby cards...makes them look like a cloud scene

I hope you share the photos when finished!

nutti :thumb:

the step after getting a card for your scene is to decide how to embellish it and what will go into it.

I use foamcore(wal-mart) for the floor. you cut a square the card will go around 2 sides of it.

to cover the foamcore I usually print something like a floor or ground cover of some kind and use the clear stickyback paper found at wal-marts to Laminate the floor and glue it onto the foamcore.

from there its up to you to figure out trims and furnishings. these are so much fun to make.

baby cards are my personal favorite!

maraboo trim works well for baby cards...makes them look like a cloud scene

I hope you share the photos when finished!

nutti :D

Great tips but what is maraboo trim? My dictionary went really really blank :banana: when I asked for the translation of it LOL...

Hugs

this is the card scene I did for my one of my GF new grandbaby.

it is one of my favorites!

nuttipost-9-1161204787_thumb.jpg post-9-1161204979_thumb.jpg

it has marabo trim all around it

the photos on the black card side are photos of mom and dad and baby

she was about 2 mos premature and the shower was held after she got home so I made a collage of some of the photos.

nutti :banana:

Ohhhh Nutti :banana: it is adorable, I just want to curl up next to or rather into the screenright now and snuggle up in that cozy setting!

Thank you for the pic, it is sooooo sweet!

Hugs

and here is one I made for my own Grandaughter

post-9-1161205286_thumb.jpg

and the one I made for my Aunt

post-9-1161205360_thumb.jpg

these are real fun to make and make really sweet gifts!

I have one in the making right now and I am putting it in an acrylic box to keep dust off of it!

nutti :banana:

This sort of opens a whole new range of possibilities so to speak, thank you!!!! These scens are beautiful, never thought of those as a background before so it has really been an eye opener.

I can see that I will have to make my parents as well as PILs one of those scenes as a Christmas card thing this year... yay!!!!

Hugs

Nutti -

Your cards are beautiful!

Nancy - What I loved about making these cards for my mum and dad was that they were something I could start and finish in one sitting.

I didn't buy Hallmark cards, but just used card stock that I'd bought at Michaels. I glued the stand up card stock onto some cedar scraps that I had laying around at home. I often have thin scraps of wood and just use them for the base of my card scenes.

Since I didn't have a pre-printed card background, I just cut photos out of magazines. I was especially pleased with effect of the picture of the window with the wooden shutters. A lot of magazine/calendar pictures really lend themselves to miniature scenes.

Once I'd mounted the cardstock onto the base, it was just a matter of arranging my scene and fastening the items down with either glue or two-sided tape.

Trimming around the edges is all a matter of what effect you want to achieve: lace, ribbon, bunka, wool, moss ... the possibilities are endless.

Hope you have fun making your card, and look forward to seeing photos.

-Susanne

I

didn't buy Hallmark cards, but just used card stock that I'd bought at Michaels. I glued the stand up card stock onto some cedar scraps that I had laying around at home. I often have thin scraps of wood and just use them for the base of my card scenes.

I thought this very clever of you!

I use the cheepo cards but I love the window effect you made!

the possibilities are endless and so quick and easy to do!

nutti :)

I

I thought this very clever of you!

I use the cheepo cards but I love the window effect you made!

the possibilities are endless and so quick and easy to do!

nutti :)

Oh I am with Nutti here as well! It looks great and I am having some ideas on how to use this inspiration later on... After some other mini projects are "done" with that is....

Hugs