I got my Winston Cottage kit

Fay in FLA

My little Winston cottage arrived a couple days ago. It is SO adorable! Much better than the picture on eBay.

Has anyone built one of these? I haven't opened the kit yet -- just in case I end up needing to sell it eventually because I have too many kits!! :lol:

It reminds me of an old house here in my little city. There's a street with colorful houses that have been turned into shops. There's a red house that used to sell Christmas items year-round. There's a purple house that was a gift shop but now is a clothing boutique. And someone new in town came in & built 2 more little houses to match the ones already there -- a peach-colored one that was a small restaurant & a blue/gray one that was a potter's studio.

Since hurricane Charley a lot of things have changed, but the row of houses is still there, with new owners.

Anyway, the Winston reminds me of the purple house, so I think it will be a shop of some kind. I'm not sure of the purple color, though! Maybe it'll be a gift shop so I can put all my extra accessories in it.

Am I the only one with a Winston?

~Fay in FLA

Glad to hear all went well for you! I finally got my refund today from Estates in miniture. :lol: I was happy to finally get some satisfaction. I want to thank one of the posters to this site for their help in dealing with this man. I had been sending e-mails since February wanting either the parts or a return of my money but it wasn't until I was going to post everywhere I have a voice that he was not so good with customer service that he finally returned my money. Personally, I still will never buy from him again (definately not through dollproperties.com) but most likely not through his ebay address either. I would say buyer beware when dealing with this guy.

yea! you got your house. there is nothing more fun than a long awaited arrival of a dollhouse! now the fun starts. do you know what you are going to do with it? will it be themed? old or new? i've never seen this particular dollhouse and a quick google search didn't turn anything up so if you can post some pix that would be great. congrats and good luck. :lol: -holly

"Addicted", that was me who mentioned posting on every board I belong to. I posted in another thread that Charles emailed me & said he's been very ill. He ended up shipping my Winston Cottage to me Priority Mail, at his own expense. I'm glad you got your refund.

Holly, I think I'll be making a little shop with the house. It's pretty far down my list of projects right now.

I'm not sure if I can post a picture here in this thread, but I'll try...

155297691.jpg

OK, it worked! I linked it from my PictureTrail album, but the picture belongs to Estates in Miniature, so please don't link to it or copy it. (Just trying to stay legal here.)

~Fay in FLA

Congrats on your new house! I almost purchased one a couple of weeks ago, however due to my experience with the seller in the past, i am not willing to deal with that person again....so....It is a very cute house tho, enjoy yourself building it and show us pictures please!

• 3 months later...

Soooo much fun having the box actually arrive!!!! I am sure a shop will fit this house perfectly, any special ideas of what it might carry?

Looking forward seeing your progress on this little gem!

Hugs