PinCurls

heidiiiii

Yes! Pincurls!

I had a hairdressing school flashback ladies.

Chelsea had me pincurl the back of her head and put a bandana on her head (tied at the top).

This is what the girls are doing now.

She had old photos from the 1930s and 1940s and said "I want that!"

Didnt have a chance to take a pic cause she went to school but I am very proud of my work.. But it is painstaking!

Oh no.... It matters on how thick and wide you make the curls. Think of like using curlers w/o the curlers.

Her hair was gorgeous. We kept the top to about near her ears straight and curled the bottom. Very different look for her!

She usually straigtens it within an inch of her life.

My mom used to do my hair in rag curls when I was lil.

I LOVE doing pincurls. I have long hair so I don't do it with my hair soaking wet anymore like i did when i was a kid but almost dry. I use BIG chunks of hair and I just get a little wave. I use different pins than they show...mine kind of 'clamp' and it takes more than one to hold the curl because i do pretty big sections. Anyway, I like the look and you can make them as big (for waves) or small ( for corkscrews) as you like. Of course, since granny used to own a salon, I have one of those big dryers you can sit under in my bedroom (greatest thing EVER) so I can pin curl my hair and dry it while i read or study or whatever. When i'm rich (in my drems) i'm going to pay someone to come over every day and dry my hair...it's so thick i HATE drying it with my hand dryer, my arm gets so tired! I had bad hair days for like 4 months after my liver transplant last year because I wasn't strong enough to hold the dryer that long...haha.

When we were in Jr & Sr highschool I remember hitting the dime store every now & then for bobbypins, and I still have a chip in a lower tooth from opening one to pin a curl, now over 40 years ago! I don't miss them a bit!

I remember my mother setting her hair in pin curls, but first she'd push a deep wave in her hair at her forehead (Joan Collins, Bette Davis). Used to look so glamorous. I'd love watching her get ready to go out. She was so beautiful and had a fabulous figure. She'd put on a dress with a narrow belted waist, and a full flared skirt, silk stockings and high heeled shoes. Then she's "clip" on rhinestone earrings, either a necklace or broach. She had the most gorgeous gold clasp bracelet. More like an Egyptian cuff with coloured rhinestones inset.

-Susanne

Ewwwww! Fingerwaves!!! I hated doing fingerwaves!

I could never get them to come out right on my hairdressing dummy`s head!

Curse you fingerwaves!~~~~~~~~~