new forum

Brenda, I find this site pretty daunting and confusing too.

Took me a while just to figure out how to post! I e-mailed a request for help directly to the moderator on the forum I was interested in and got mail back very quickly telling me what to do. This was on the Greenleaf dollhouses forum.

I think you have to have made a certain number of posts before you can open aa picture album.

Guess this is like any other challenge or learning situation - take little bites at a time and gradually things will become more familiar.

It would be easier for newbies if they were given a contact person or a clearer set of directiions, wouldn't it?

Not too much help to you, I'm afraid, but at least you know you are not alone!

Linda McD from NOTL

Hi There brenda73147! I moved your topic to a different forum because this one is for info direct from greenleaf (Like contest, new dollhouse releases and other things). I have some house cleaning to do and have a lot of topics to move from this area LOL.

I was pretty sure I emailed you regarding the questions you had to try and help get you started. If you did not receive it please let me know. To find your moved topic, all you have to do is click on the topic title and it will take you right to it. I will move this topic soon too. Please don't take it personal Dear!!

Mini Linda, I was happy to see your post when I got back this afternoon. Glad to see you got it! It took me a good bit to get used to it too. This one is "high Tech" compared to our other forum. Stick with it everyone because NOW we have everything we all wanted in the start :p (I think... LOL :p )

:p Hi everyone,

Sorry if i sounded like i took it personal, i didn't, i just was a little discouraged, Guess it showed! LOL :p

My mother has been been sick, and now my Father is having some heart problems, he had a triple by-pass a few years ago, and now he's sick again, plus i've not been feeling well wither i think i've been too worried, i need to get back into my dollhouses they are great stress relievers.

Again i'm sorry if i sounded hateful :blink: , i'll try to fo better from now on. :angry:

Brenda

Brenda, I know how hard having your parents sick is, and please know you have my empathy. My mother has heart problems and diabetes, and my father passed away in 2002 due to different illnesses.

Hang in there!

ohh Im sorry your having issues with the new forum....it is a better one and in time will get easier to use.

although I am not a moderator plzz feel free to ask me any questions...if I dont know the answer Ill try and find it for you!

I want everyone to feel like an important part of our mini community.

I also am doing double duty with my 84 yr old gran who is staying with us and cannot comprehend that she really should not be living on her own... she is here now because she hurt her back and was suffering...now she is feeling better and is wanting to go home. :p

Im not sure how it will all turn out but Im so glad to have my minis and all my friends to help me through this difficult time.

so join the Stress is Us club!

huggggzzz

nutti :p

Thanks Nutti for the offer of help. i'm still bouncing around here learning the ropes. Reminds me of when I first started on the computer - things I found so frustrating then are a piece of cake now! I will certainly contact you if I run into further problems. Appreciate it.

I started minis about 3 yrs ago, with the Lindfield. Then I found a Glencroft kit in a garage sale for $5!!! I will try attaching a picture of the Lindfield. (try something new every day)

Currently I'm working on a handcrafted 6 room dh (anothe gs find). It was originally bubble gum pink on the outside, with openings cut for doors and windows. The decor on the inside consisted of full size carpetig samples on the floor, full size wallpaper attached to the walls with hot glue, and 1/2" square blocks of wood attached strategically to hold the walls and floors together.

However, at laest the floors were even, which I didn't quite manage when I put the thing back together again! (sigh!)

Strangely enough, I'm having the most fun with this one (building on another's work, learning new ways to cobble things together.) Wish I had taken some pictures before I started.

Linda McD fromNOTL

Thanks for the compliments.

I am pretty proud of myself for putting it together too! (Do you ever look back on a project and think "howd I do that")

Being of a show-off nature, I have more pics - I also know how much I enjoy seeing the work of others. This is the attic BR.

I'm getting the hang of this - you've created a monster! Pleas let me know if you have suggestions, etc. I am not very good on embellishing.

Yeah, the Glencroft WAS a find. I was grateful to be able tocomplete it.

Linda from NOTL

Nutti, HELP.

Surfing around the site, and exploring different topics, I am pretty sure that my last posts have deviated from the original topic line.

If I couldn't find out where and what I posted, how can anyone else? Comments please... :p

Linda from NOTL

Linda: I'm not Nutti, but maybe I can help a little. I'm still learning like everyone else about the forum. But I think you post things about your dollhouse either in general mini talk or even in my first dollhouse. Chit Chat can be anything, questions concerning construction, decorating etc probably goes in Questions about a particular house and then subbed under the manufacturer.

Site Info and feedback are for questions like your first few that concerns how to get around the forum and problems comments your have.

If I'm wrong I'm sure some one will come to both our rescues and help us out.

Peggi

the first post I read from you was in the "about a particular house"....you introduced yourself and gave some good advice about my Glencroft issues.

now we do not have forum police here so if you post something that the moderators thinks belongs elsewhere dont worry because there is this wonderful feature that lets us as readers come into the forum and read the newest post....and I dont know about anyone else but I read most all of the posts made....just cant stand to be out of the loop! :angry:

so post away in confidence that we will read them.

and at this particular moment I'm waiting for a photo of your living room ceiling of the Glencroft so I can see how those beams go in.

Im beginning to feel like a small whiney child :p

watch me stomp my feet and scream next! :blink:

nutti :p

Linda:  I'm not Nutti, but maybe I can help a little.  I'm still learning like everyone else about the forum.  But I think you post things about your dollhouse either in general mini talk or even in my first dollhouse.  Chit Chat can be anything, questions concerning construction, decorating etc probably goes in Questions about a particular house and then subbed under the manufacturer.

Site Info and feedback are for questions like your first few that concerns how to get around the forum and problems comments your have.

If I'm wrong I'm sure some one will come to both our rescues and help us out.

Peggi

Yep, this is about right! Chit Chat is for anything that's not on the topic of minis. General Mini Talk is for anything that IS on the topic of minis. :p If you have questions about a specific house (like the Glencroft conversation going on right now about Wall F) that's best put in the section that's broken down by house, but if you just want to talk about the house you're building that can go in General Mini Talk. The idea is for the questions about houses to end up in one place so someone else who's building the same house can find answers to common problems... sort of like a FAQ.

Like the others said, don't worry about your posts being moved. We're just trying to keep things organized so that down the road, when we have a lot of posts here, it's easy for people to browse around and find what they're looking for. (If only I was motivated to keep my house that well organized!)

:p emily

Thanks everyone for being so kind and understanding, i'm getting a little more use to the forum, i think it is great, a lot of new people on it.

I have not been able to catch anyone in the chat room yet, has anyone else?

Brenda :p

Brenda: I agree the chat room is a little tricky. I've been able to chat a couple of times with different people. B)

But with the log updating in 2 minutes by the time you check it the peope are gone. I've gone in there when it showed people on and they are no longer there. I've even tried waiting to see if someone else would show up to talk but eventually give up and exit. :D

There is got to be a better way of doing this, but I don't know what.

:D

This of course is assuming that the problem is not that anyone wants to talk with me.

Peggi :D

I think it's partly that people forget it's there and partly that there are rarely more than about four members looking at the forum simultaneously. I look at the little "presently here" list for the forum as a whole when I'm here, and it's a hot-hot-hot hour when I see three other names. (As soon as I said that, we got up to 7 at once, but I couldn't rescue the lonely person in Live Chat because LC crashed my browser. Oops.)

I like Emily's idea about scheduled times and might also suggest that initially we consider scheduled topics, so that there's a really firm reason to show up. There must be something that lots of people feel a burning need to discuss.